Chapter 38

A sudden pain shot through my brain, making me wide awake

A sudden pain shot through my brain, making me wide awake. I sat up straight, clutching my head. Tears started flowing through my eyes because of the immense pain. Wiping the tears away, I peeked at the clock, which struck ten. My brows furrowed when I saw sunlight illuminating my room. It's ten in the morning! Fuck!

My head spun like I got down from a merry-go-round. Slowly, I placed my feet on the ground and it felt numb. My legs didn't even feel anything when I placed them on the floor. Confused, I touched my feet, and I could feel nothing. Groaning, I searched for a glass of water. My throat felt so dry that it felt like a barren land. My eyes landed on the bedside table, a paper, medicine, and a jug of water placed on it.

Confused, I placed the water jug and medicine aside and held the paper to read it. It had scribbled handwriting that was pretty hard to read considering my state. I focused, and it said, "Eat me.". I read it once more and it ended with a phone number.

A note below it states, "So unfortunate of me to not have my wife's number. Here is mine and I have a really important matter to discuss with you. Call back when you are sober." Ends with a smiley.

Shaking my head at his childishness, I put the paper aside. Slowly, I stood on my feet again and held the nearby chair. I found another note. It read, "Why do you need to be so stubborn? I have placed a plate full of food on the table. Have it. You will feel good." What even was the matter with him?. I wondered, but couldn't stop when a smile took over my lips.

I won't eat unless I get cleaned properly as I stink of alcohol. I cringed when I took in my attire. Small memories flashed before me when I brushed my teeth, taking in my attire. Zearo changed my dress and thank God, I wore this thin clothing instead of complete nakedness.

Maxy hugged my body and, to be honest, it barely covered anything. I did not think I would be comfortable wearing these if I was sober. All credit goes to Keryl. She forced me to drink, as I was beyond nervous for my liking even if the entire party was to celebrate my fake marriage...

I washed out the stink of alcohol nicely. While in the shower, my mind threw flashbacks of last night. Normally, I don't remember a thing about stuff that happened in my drunken state, but I didn't even have any idea why I saw the faces of Zearo and Julie again and again that I so desperately wanted to forget.

Frustrated with me, I had to find something to engross on, something to remove their faces from my head. Hastily, I put on a faded grey t-shirt for a change and black jeans. I normally would avoid wearing casuals for my work, but weirdly I wanted a change and my eyes landed on this beautiful pair that Keryl brought for me long ago.

To give it a formal look, I put on an overcoat that ended mid-thigh. It was so cold outside and I wouldn't want to catch a cold. It would hamper my work. To be honest, these parties hampered a lot of work and I had a super tight schedule for crying out loud.