Chapter 87

“Why are you so grumpy today? If this is because of Aria, then as I promised, I will and-“ 

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

“Why are you so grumpy today? If this is because of Aria, then as I promised, I will and-“ 

“Cut it. It’s not because of that hothead.” He snapped angrily. This was the fourth time he didn’t let me finish my words. He has been grumpy throughout the meeting. And as we headed towards D’Luka Industries, I asked Anthony to drive in another car. First I wasn’t yet over Aria's matter and had too many questions, and second, I needed to talk to this old man. 

“Zearo..” I trailed off. He just looked out of the window with that small pout on his face. His dimples looked deeper as he bit his lips as if focusing on something, but he was distracting me.

“You are distracting me,” I commented.

“Me?” He asked as he turned towards me.

“Yeah, you, your pouty lips, and those dimples.” I was never so bold, but somehow I felt comfortable talking to him in this tone.

“Watch where you are going and not my face.” He commented, pointing at the road. 

“Yes, sir.” I mocked and hearing him laugh gave me a slight relief. 

“Tell me what’s bothering you?” I asked after a while as I waited for the signal to turn green.

“First, wipe off that asshole’s impression from your palm. And second, you aren’t going to that dinner date with him.” He said, handing me a tissue. I laughed at how cute he looked.

“Did someone tell you that you look cute when you are jealous?” I asked as I turned towards him and saw his face turn crimson red.

“First, I’m not jealous, and second, I’m not cute.” He said, and I laughed at his cuteness. His face looked so delicate when he was properly groomed. He just took my breath away, but I would not confess that.

“Sure,” I said waving him off but then mouthed cute as soon as I drove past a car in front of us, making him even angrier. 

‘’You are tempting me to show you how Angry Andrew looks." He commented and mentioned his first name. I wasn’t expecting him to bring his mafia name suddenly. 

“Well, I called my husband Zearo cute and not The Andrew of Miami or whatever.” I pointed and stared at him as he raised his eyebrows. 

“Husband?” He asked, and I nodded, a small smile appeared on my face unknowingly.

“Aren’t you being too cocky today?” He asked, amused, and I just drove inside the building without uttering a single word. 

“Am I not allowed to?” I asked as soon as I got out of the car. It was as if I was on high. I liked how we interacted and didn’t want to spoil the mood. 

“Then am I allowed to kiss my wife right now?” He asked as he took a step closer to me. “Because she is tempting me too and is irresistible at the moment.” He confessed, making me gasp. I took a few steps back and then took a deep breath when I saw Anthony’s car pulling through.