Chapter 27

Life has crazy plans for you whether you like it or not

Life has crazy plans for you whether you like it or not. I'd have never dreamed to cross paths with someone who could pull the trigger my way when all I did in my entire existence was the other way around.

You always encounter something unanticipated. Today I just confronted one of my unexpected encounters. I never even thought that night would be so life changing. If I'd have known, I would have moved past Julie getting dragged. Or rather, not follow her towards her club.

Either way, now I'm stuck in a hellhole. One side, I have to live a lie for three hundred and sixty-five days and the other one is to save Julie. I can't believe I put myself into such a chaos when I already have so much on my plate right now.

"Master, we tracked down the call you received earlier. Julie is in Florida but couldn't follow the trail because the signals got tampered." I sucked in a deep breath. Florida is somewhere that I'd highly consider avoiding. "Master, Marios has been on full alert after you disappeared. I'd suggest you stay out of their way if you don't prefer to be spotted." I heard Drake's clear yet steady voice from the other side.

"I have to fly to Florida. Thanks, Drake." I exhaled. The tension in my tiny room suffocated me as Charles kept peering at me now and then.

"Master, why are you so unsettled? What is the matter?" Charles inquired, passing me a glass of I don't recognize what. I swigged it down, evaluating the cons and pros of what to reveal and what not to.

"When I was about to enter SAMS International, I received a call from an unfamiliar number. You asked me what it is, and I shrugged it off, but that was Julie calling for help. I didn't realize she was in real trouble, instead, I thought she needed my attention." I smoothed my palms on my face. My sanity not at bay.

"So, you had Drake track that call." He concluded. After that nerve wrenching meeting in SAMS, Charles dragged me to my apartment. I was in no frame of mind to debate as I needed some refreshment after that intense moment with a hothead. He never questioned me about what transpired inside, and I didn't bother telling him anything.

"What did he discover?" He asked. A plate full of Cashews and some other dry fruits arranged perfectly, along with a few variations of liquors. I never noticed my tiny kitchen had these stuff.

"I bought them on my way to SAMS." Charles interrupted my train of thoughts.

I nodded and not prying further, I continued, "He said that call was from Florida, but now he lost the trail." My eyes staring at the street through my bedroom window, swirling a mouth full of an exquisite mix he served me.

"You realize that you have men everywhere. You just have to order them. Even if she is in trouble, they are more than able to rescue her." He proposed. I don't consider that's all right. I felt responsible for leaving her alone that day.

"She is in Florida, Charles! Marios are out for my blood." I groaned when I realized he didn't even have any idea what I'm talking about.

"Marios and I had a split," I declared. He had an amused grin, and I knew what he was going to spout next.