Chapter 43

If someone would say that anger makes people look weird, then they’d be damned if they met angry Liara

If someone would say that anger makes people look weird, then they’d be damned if they met angry Liara. I always find her expression amusing. Her scrunchy nose and pouty lips, eyebrows furrowed, and rosy cheeks as if someone had added an extra blush on her cheeks. 

I tried very hard to control my smile when she was so angry at me she preferred staring at the IV strips attached to her hands instead of looking at me. I knew she was angry at me and she should be. Samira crossed her limits, and I still had to figure out why she went through so much plotting and harming Liara.

The wolf's attack technique was very dangerous, and I banned it for my people who newly joined because the speed, swiftness, and patience could only be built up after regular practice. Only Drake and I knew how to use it, but now, when the doctor mentioned it, I looked carefully at her injuries. To my surprise, it looked like immature work. And to my knowledge, none would have dared to teach their men this technique. It could be fatal, too fatal for the learner and the learned. 

“Stop staring at me like that.” I heard Liara’s voice that had bitterness in it. It lost the feeling of being close, the way we started growing in the party. Not bothering to let her feel uncomfortable, I moved my eyes away from her and placed the empty plate aside. 

“Sorry,” I whispered, loud enough for her to hear it. I meant it as the guilt of not reaching in time ate me like a termite.

“Pardon?” I took deep breaths as I knew she heard it and I knew she wanted me to repeat it.

“I said, '' I'm sorry.” I looked at her eyes, trying to tell her I mean it. 

“What did you say to Dima?” Ugh, I groaned as she changed the topic. Unsure if she forgave me or not, I tried to go with the flow. At least now she started a conversation.

“I said that I took you to Paris on a honeymoon trip.” I shrugged as I guessed this would be the only option to keep Dima tension free.

“You did what?!” she shrieked, and that ended up with a wince.

“You okay?” I held her hand gently away from the needles.

“Who would have thought their honeymoon would be like this?” she murmured, but I heard it.

“What about my friends?” She enquired. Why should she be so considerate of others when she just woke up from a heavy surgery?! God, this woman is so stubborn and always thinks about her family. 

“Mia went with her boyfriend to LA and well, the other two are still pestering Anthony,” I informed her as I remembered pretty well how Emma kept on roasting Anthony to spill the truth, otherwise she’d cut his balls. 

“Why did you bring me here?”

“What now are we playing, some boring question-answer round? Do I even get a reward after answering all your answers correctly?” I commented as I got tired of her questions and she had to keep her mind stress free. She looked at me wide-eyed when I got up from my seat and walked away from her. She needed to take the medicines as prescribed by the doctor.