Chapter 78

“Who is alive?” I asked when I overheard their conversation, even though I didn’t mean to

“Who is alive?” I asked when I overheard their conversation, even though I didn’t mean to. My head was pounding after my breakdown and I cursed at myself for how I wasn’t able to hold back and wept like a baby in front of Anthony. Although I was thankful that I didn’t make myself embarrassed in front of Zearo. 

Things were so fast mode I had less time to even get ready, and concealing my heavy eye bags was another laborious task for me.

“Who were you talking about?” I asked again. Unknowingly, my heartbeat sped up when I took a step closer to where Zearo and Charles were standing. They stopped talking at once when they heard me, and that made me even more suspicious. 

“It’s about my Italy business,” Zearo answered nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders as if that wasn’t a big deal. I could only reply with an “oh” when I realized that they had both started working on their past works. Something in me wanted to stop him from entering that world again, but who was I, anyway?

“We have to go. Chloe must be waiting. Please get changed if you want to attend the wedding.” I said and grabbed my bag carrying my dress that was placed on the nearby desk and walked away from them. 

After taking two to three steps I contemplated whether to tell him, so I turned to face him and said, “You can stay beside your mother as attending this wedding isn’t compulsory.” I was concerned about him after his encounter with his mother. There must be so many things running through his mind and I didn’t feel good forcing him to attend my friend’s wedding when we had a sword hanging on our heads. 

“I will be ready in five minutes.” He said that left me speechless. I took two more steps toward him to tell him he need not do this, but he brushed past me, carrying his bag with a faint smile on his face as he looked at me. My head followed where he was going and he just locked the door beside my room where Vikrant was standing. 

“Uhuh.” I heard someone clear his throat and my eyes landed on Charles. I could have slapped my forehead for being so absent-minded.

“I’m so sorry.” I started with an apology, but he brushed me off by bowing down at me.

“You are my Master’s wife. Our queen. You don’t need to say sorry to any of us.” I was stunned by how gentle and humble he looked. His rugged look when we first met had me thinking that he was someone to not mess with and would not bend for anyone, but when he did that to me, I was speechless. My mouth was agape, and I looked at him with awe. 

“You don’t need to bow to me,” I said after adjusting my composure.

“We do that only when we heartily accept someone as our queen, and you cannot stop us from showing you the respect you deserve.” 

No, no, not today. I thought to myself. My heart was beating crazily when I already was an emotional wreck today, and he just did that again to poke my eyes.