Chapter 60

"I wished it should have been you to be with me first on my birthday," Logan said, wincing as his cracked lips pained

"I wished it should have been you to be with me first on my birthday," Logan said, wincing as his cracked lips pained. "And how lucky was I today?" He smiled in the dimly lit room.

Making my way through the group of criminals to the tunnels down towards the bastard had me think of all the ways to kill him.

But, as I entered the stinky room, I saw Logan all plastered but still with a devilish smile on his face. I glanced at Zearo, who had been constantly keeping his eye on my every action, and sighed. His looks made me uncomfortable, as if I wasn't fit to deal with the dirty world they were playing games in.

"I wonder if that's not the case with me." I chuckled, keeping my cool and avoiding my husband's glare. What did he think of me? A fool? Who couldn't even find out where Logan was?

"Look how you missed me. I'm glad I could finally see the sun after spending countless nights in darkness." He said weakly. For a second, I felt pity for how he was and I loathed myself for pitying such a monster.

"This sun can burn you for all the sins you've done in life," I said, walking towards him. He sat effortlessly amidst all the cuts and shackles around him as if he befriended the darkness and the pain.

"I'd gladly burn." He said and laughed like a maniac. Why do I always face such awful maniacs in my life? I wondered.

"Stop the nonsense." I heard Zearo roar and followed with a sudden jerk of my hand as he held it, dragging me out of the room. "What do you think you are doing?" I tried talking to him while he was busy dragging me out, gripping my hands. Anthony tried to break free, but a gigantic man halted him on his way.

"Getting you out of this building. You aren't safe here." He said hurriedly, and I snickered, considering it a joke that he was playing with me.

"I was the one who saved you," I said as a matter of fact and reminded him what happened a few minutes ago.

"And I'm grateful for that. Now you can leave." His audacity.

"Throwing the owner out of the building might end you up in jail," I suggested, pushing him away from me. His hold left a red mark around my wrist. "And I will not consider letting you go because you are my so-called husband." Annoyingly, I glared at him.

"Owner? Do you think I believe you? Those fools did, but I will never. It belongs to Oldie." He said confidently, and I shook my head. He thought lowly of me.

"I am in no mood to prove an egoist dumbhead like you about anything," I said, disappointed with him. I needed to talk to Logan and Zearo made it pretty impossible to do that. As I walked a little further, I heard Zearo double-checking it with Mr. Stone. "What an amazing husband." I shook my head and walked toward the room. The twins waited on their way and perhaps heard our conversation as they held their heads low.

"How long have they captivated him?" I enquired, and they looked at me, surprised whether I was talking to them. I raised my eyebrows and urged them to speak.