Chapter 47

"You know you should at least have your full," I said when I saw Julie restlessly roaming around in my apartment

"You know you should at least have your full," I said when I saw Julie restlessly roaming around in my apartment. Making sure that Dima was fast asleep, I tried to inform Liara I was heading home, but she did not come out of her study and I was not allowed inside her study so couldn't inform her and walked away from her.

"Where were you?! I was waiting for you!" Julie dashes towards me and hugged me tighter, suffocating me.

"What's wrong?" I enquired.

"You promised me you will bring my club back to me. What happened?" She asked. Her eyes were swollen and cheeks red. It pained me watching her state.

"Your father signed the deal before his death. We can't do anything." I said slowly, making her aware of the fact.

"No, Shimmers is mine. Nobody can take that away from me." She sobbed, shaking her head.

"It's authenticated. Do you have any proof that it belongs to you?" I inquired. I honestly wanted to solve this problem as soon as I could.

"No, father said that I'm the owner, and he'd give me that as a present on my wedding day." She said, realizing that they tricked her. Hiding her face in her palms, she finally understood that it was never hers.

"I can't work under her." She whispered. I heard her loud and clear and understood what she meant.

"Why not? It's not like she is going to hover around you every day. I'm sure she knows how to treat staff." I tried assuring her.

"She is your wife."

"That shouldn't matter. I will work there as if nothing happened and I would like you to do that." I said.

"She did this to take revenge. She.. she planned this to torture me." Julie mumbled, giving me a headache.

"No, it's nothing like that. She said they signed the deal even before we came to her life. It's completely business-related, Julie. Stop overreacting." I tried to compose my irritated mind and thought twice before I could speak to her.

"She brainwashed you. You don't know what she is capable of." Julie pushed me aside and walked away from me. I stared at her retreating figure and sighed. My brain wasn't functioning.

"What a busy day." I scoffed at my attire and plopped on the broken sofa that was poised in the hall.

**********

"Ag, wait for a second," I murmured groggily as the doorbell kept on ringing.

"Who could be here so early?" I questioned myself as I saw the clock stroke six in the morning.

"What do you nee-" I stopped mid-sentence when I saw someone unexpected to visit me at this hour.

"Emma, what the hell!" Pushing me aside, she barged into my house. Until now it was completely fine by me, but when I realized Julie was sleeping in my room, my heartbeat quickened.