Chapter 54

How can such a big mafia be so clueless about what's happening around them? Ugh, I was so irritated by how dumb he was behaving

As the elevator signaled we reached our destination, I walked out of it, leaving him where he was. Walking straight to the conference hall, I unlocked the door and saw My Angelwings waving at me.

"You are here," Agnes announced as she got up from her seat. I nodded and saw Aria walking toward me with a bunch of papers. Knowing pretty well what were the papers for, I signaled her to halt and said, "I have a serious headache. Will you please bring strong black coffee for me?"

"Yes mam," Aria said as she noticed the change in my voice.

"I bet she played too much with the kids. Just look at the paint all over her face." Vikrant mocked me, and I threw a paperweight at him.

"She was painting barricades around the pond in the orphanage." I turned my head towards the voice. There was a pin drop silence. Vikrant knew about his past, but others did not. I saw Zearo walking toward me with a smile on his face. He slowly snaked his arms around my waist, sending shivers all over my body, like always. I looked at his side profile and he had a small smirk on his face as the corner of his lips twitched.

"Ah, I guess she forgot to introduce me." He then turned his head towards me and smiled. Pulling me a little more towards him, he waved at the Anglewing again. His manly scent engulfed me.

"Uh, Liara?" Agnes whispered, and I looked at her and then at Zearo. Realizing that they didn't even have an idea about my marriage, I thought of slamming my head into a wall.

"Guys, meet Zearo." I halted as I saw I had finally captured their attention. They stopped staring at him and looked at me.

"My husband," I said and exhaled as if I just put a bomb in my office myself.

"What!" "The hell!" And a series of curses I heard but was so thankful to Vikrant as he made his way towards Zearo and introduced himself so sweetly. "Congratulations man! I'm Vikrant." Of course, they both met before but pretending that they did not was the only thing that gave me a little peace.

One by one, everyone came and congratulated us. They had a disappointing expression on their face and they should be angry at me.

"Well, this was such shocking news," Aliyah confessed, and everyone nodded. I looked at Shan Li and he had a blank expression on his face. He didn't even bother looking at me.

"When did you get married?" Chloe asked as she put her hands on her hips, glaring at me angrily.

"Come on, guys, look at the dashing couple here. You can be angry all you want, but let the man be comfortable around us first." Aliyah suggested, and I couldn't thank her enough, as she was of great help. Shan Li walked towards the conference table and sat at his place, not bothering for us to even talk.