Chapter 10

A/N

Before you guys start reading this chapter, I would like to thank you all for reading my book ❤.

And, Liara has a special secret team that does all her shady tasks. They are called "The Angelwings". I'm just gonna give you a small introduction of the members, here in the author note, so that would be easy to understand what's exactly happening in this chapter.

It includes 5 members, they are:

1. Vikrant Tomar - India - Team Leader
2. Agnes Williams - London - Expert in Marketing, maintaining, keeping details of the investors of the company.
3. Shan Li - China - Financial Expert
4. Aaliyah Imani - Chicago - Strategist
5. Chloe Browns - Executor. 

-A/N.

Two days later, after that night, I did not look back nor did I think about that person who's now become an agony for me

Two days later, after that night, I did not look back nor did I think about that person who's now become an agony for me. I know, I initiated that night but I was drunk whereas he should have avoided me. I had to wobble the whole day because of him. I groaned as creepy thoughts unintentionally clouded my vision. I squeezed my head to get rid of my own wild imagination.

However, it might sound weird as to why I still must be thinking about him but I couldn't help myself. My eyes were glued toward the 'The Shimmers Club' as it's adjacent to my private office balcony. The same place where I had met the jerk with hazel eyes. I wrapped my arms around my waist because of the brutal wintry night while the wind blew on my face harshly.

"I can't understand as to why Aria chose this location for the meeting," I said to myself. I had a meeting with my team tonight to discuss an about the foes, who appeared out of nowhere, in my life.

As I was looking down the street, I frowned at the heavily drunk heads as they seemed least bothered about their life, walking around recklessly while the car drivers were aggressively honking at them.

I could hardly recognize anybody from my position as I was standing on the topmost floor which also happens to be the 8th floor of the establishment. I had the sudden urge to wear my glasses, lying on the top of my head so I pushed them down on my nose. As soon as I did that, my eyes fell on the eager group of people, waiting to be let inside the club.

A gasp involuntarily escaped my lips when I noticed him. My misery. I squinted my eyes to look at him properly but disappointment washed over me as I failed miserably. To overcome this, I blinked a few times to focus on him better.

However, my concentration was broken when I heard a beep on the intercom placed near the bannister of the balcony. I instantly got the message that someone was trying to have access inside my chamber.

“Come in,” I announced, pressing the green button on the intercom. Grabbing my coffee mug that was lying on a small table, I walked toward the designated room.