Chapter 11

“Zearo, you’ve finally made it!” Julie squealed as she found me approaching her

“Honeybun, you wish my command,” I said slightly, bowing at her. And she’s not the one I met two days ago. I felt as if a unique person is standing in front of me. Her brunette hair hung loose reaching until her hip, low neck dress ending until her thigh, hugging her body perfectly making all the prominent curves pop, smokey eye makeup and a nude lipstick making her facial features more notable.

I grin widely because I have a pleasant company and I’ve to not deal with a highly arrogant male boss.

“Hey, you! Earth to Zearo!” She brought me back from my trail of thoughts by swaying my body.

“Well, Boss, what do I do today?” I asked her as my hands were itching to try the equipment lying at the elevated end of the floor.

“Ooh you want to try those new instruments, don’t you?” She asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

I just smirk, looking at her beautiful face. My eyes went wide when I saw a tall man snaking his arms around her waist and then he pulled her towards his chest, side hugging her. I glanced at her behaviour and I can feel his presence disturbing her.

“Um... Seb, meet Zearo our new DJ and the man who saved me” Julie said nervously glancing at me and fidgeting with her fingers.

“Zearo,” I introduced myself flatly without shaking his hand. I shifted my attention back to people in the love seat practically dry humping each other and some crazily drunk tarts moving their hips along with the song.

“And Zearo, he is Sebastian, my-” That asshole interrupted her and said, "Julie’s fiancee”. I studied his face, not pleased by the choice Julie made. He looks like a gorilla out of a zoo. I bet his smug smile wouldn’t even bring business to this bar, instead, people might have run away for all I know.

I raised my eyebrows at Julie, asking her silently whether this mofo is troubling her? She just shrugged it off and then cleared her throat to give a break to the awkward situation and tension between the Jerk-Seb-Fukin-ass-tian and me.

“Zearo, I’m so eager to watch you perform! So let’s go! Shall we?” Julie held my hands, ignoring that gorilla.

“My lady” I followed her, snaking my arms around her curvy hips. I peek back at the man and imagined smoke coming out of his ears in the form of anger, like a time bomb. I smirked, infuriating him even more.

***

I’ve been swaying my body along with the music until I realised my stomach is making weird movements.

“Time for feeding ya little one” I took a deep breath calming my nerves that’s heightened because of my dancing.

I pushed anyone and everyone on the way to get past them. They are so drunk that they cannot even hear me.