Chapter 17 - Decorate

"...okay. Action plan for the day." Olivia started, clapping her hands together as she jumped up from the bed. Her plan for the day was to paint a wall in her room and in the guest room to make the place more homely. She was also finally getting round to buying furniture for the spare room now that she was truly settled in Chicago.
"Go pick up the paint. I already ordered it so we just need to pick up some brushes, dust-sheets, masking tape and trays." Olivia listed off as she pulled her phone from her pocket and looked at her to-do list.
"Then we need to stop and pick up my order from Ikea. Again, click & collect otherwise I would have spent way more money by walking around the store." Olivia explained, laughing slightly. She peered up from her phone screen and raised her eyebrow.
"What?" She asked seeing the look on Antonio's face.
"Nothing. You're just super-hot when you're bossy." He smirked, making Olivia shake her head and laugh slightly.
"You sure you're okay to help me today?" Olivia questioned as she started looking for some old clothes to chuck on.
"Yeah. Just remember we agreed to meet up at Molly's later." He reminded Olivia, knowing she had most likely forgotten.
"Remind me when I need to get ready." She told him as she headed to the bathroom. He smiled and sat on his phone for the few minutes she was in the bathroom before he went to get dressed. They decided to grab coffee and breakfast whilst they were out so once they were ready, they headed out. Olivia grateful that Antonio had thought to bring his truck instead of letting Olivia pick him up the previous day.

After stopping at a local café for some breakfast, they headed to Olivia's local hardware store to pick up the paint she had ordered and the other paint supplies that they would need. They headed to the back of the store where the pre-order section was.
"Hi, I have an order for Liv Fuller." Olivia said after the young lad behind the counter greeted them.
"Yes. 5 cans of paint, all different colours, is that right?" He asked looking up from the computer screen once he had pulled up her order.
"Yep." Olivia smiled.
"I'll just grab them for you." He said heading off into the room behind him.
"5 cans?" Antonio queried.
"For the idea I have, I'll show you some picture when we get back." She told him as the worker returned carrying 3 cans of paint. After putting them on the counter and scanning them, he went to grab the last 2. Olivia lifted the 3 he had brought out onto the trolley they had grabbed on the way in and smiled as the worker returned. He scanned the last 2 cans before handing them over to Liv.
"Thank you." She said grabbing the trolley before they walked away. They walked round the store to look for the other supplies that they needed. Paint brushes, rollers, paint trays, dust sheets and masking tape being added to the trolley before they headed to the check-out. Ten minutes later they were loading the supplies into the back of Antonio's truck before they headed for Ikea. Like Olivia had planned, purchasing the furniture she wanted online saved her a lot of money and them a lot of time as they pulled up to the click & collect side of the building. After handing over her details, they pulled into the bay they were told to and waited as workers brought out her order. She doubled checked that everything was there and correct before one of the workers helped Antonio and Olivia load it all into the bed of Antonio's truck. After signing for her order, they got back into Antonio's truck and headed back to her place.
"We can just dump the furniture in the corner of the spare room. My priority today is painting the two walls." Olivia told Antonio after he had asked her where they should put everything. They took the paint and supplies in first before they lugged the flat-pack furniture in.
"How about this? I paint the spare room as it's just grey and I'll leave you to do your fancy wall?" Antonio asked his girlfriend. Olivia had shown him pictures of her idea for the walls in both her room and the spare room and left Antonio to decided how he could help.
"That works. I just need your help moving my bed first...it weights a tonne." Olivia laughed. She had tried to move it the previous day but had no luck.
"Okay." Antonio agreed. He grabbed a couple of the dust/paint sheets and followed her to her bedroom. Together they moved the bed well away from the wall, leaving enough room to freely move around it as it wouldn't be going back until the next day when they could be sure that the paint was completely dry. Antonio helped Olivia put the paint sheets down and secured them to the floor with masking tape before he left her to it. The first thing Olivia did was start putting masking tape on the wall based off the idea from her phone. The wall was already white so it was just a matter of adding the others colours and peeling the tape off once it was all dry to get the patterned effect that she wanted. Within half an hour, the couple had both started painting, Olivia dancing along to the music she was blasting through her speaker, loud enough for the both of them to hear from their respective rooms.

A little while later, Olivia ran into a problem. She dumped the brush back on the tray and grabbed her phone as she went to see what progress Antonio had made.
"How's it- wow, you're fast." Olivia stated as soon as she saw that he'd painted ¾ of the wall already. Obviously it was only the first coat but he wasn't hanging about.
"I have to make a call." Olivia told him. Antonio raised his eyebrow.
"I'm gunna call Casey and ask if he had a small ladder I can borrow coz I can't reach the top properly." Olivia explained as she looked down at her phone to find the contact. Antonio chuckled.
"I would help but you'd probably moan that I was doing it wrong." Antonio said defensively.
"You're my back-up plan." Olivia teased as she raised her phone to her ear and walked away from the music that was still playing.

A little while later, Casey had dropped off a ladder for Olivia to borrow and she was back at work. By the time they stopped for dinner she had finished the majority of the wall and just had the finer details to sort out once they paint had dried. As they sat down in front of the TV with a pizza, Olivia sat thinking about how lucky she was. She had become a part of an amazing family and she had an amazing partner. She really liked Antonio but she knew she had a lot of things to work on if they were going to stay the way they were. As it got to the evening time, the couple got cleaned up and headed to Molly's as they had agreed to meet people there for a drink and general get together.
(What Olivia wore ⬇️)

Olivia sat happily, not really in any particular conversation but more bouncing between one that Antonio and Casey were holding and one that Sylvie, Kidd and Severide were having

Olivia sat happily, not really in any particular conversation but more bouncing between one that Antonio and Casey were holding and one that Sylvie, Kidd and Severide were having. She smiled as she looked around Molly's and noticed how happy everyone looked.

———————————————————
A/N: Hey guys! Sorry it's been 4 months since I last updated this book, I just really didn't feeling like writing it. But I'm back and I'll try my best to update more regularly although I start University in a couple of weeks. Anyway this was just a 'filler' chapter in preparation for the next bit of the storyline that I have coming up. I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know what you think! x

 I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know what you think! x