Chapter 8 - The Fallen One

A few days had passed, Olivia was sat on her bunk looking through social media.
"So I heard that you met Antonio Dawson the other day?" Riley said, as she walked into the bunk area.
"Uh-huh. He saved mine and Chases' arses the other day when a call got a little hairy." Olivia explained, not looking up from her phone.
"He's single by the way.." Riley said, walking over to her own bunk.
"Who is?" Olivia asked, looking up from her phone.
"Antonio." Riley stated, causing Olivia to blush.
"I wasn't going to ask..." She said.
"No...but by the way you're blushing I know you like him. So Kidd gave him your number." Riley said. Olivia laughed and shook her head.
"That's how he got it..."
"She he's already messaged you?!" Riley exclaimed.
"Yeah...the other day, after I left Molly's. He messaged me about going for a coffee. I told him I was off until today but he's been crazy busy in their latest case. He said he'd message me when he's free." Olivia explained. Riley was grinning ear-to-ear.
"Right..." Olivia laughed, as she stood up.
"I need coffee." She said a moment later, as she started leaving the room. Walking into the common room, Olivia went straight over to the coffee machine and poured herself a cup of coffee. She then went and sat at the table as she continued flicking through her phone.

"Hey Travis." Olivia grinned happily as she answered the phone call to her best friend.
"Hey – where are you?" Travis asked seriously.
"I'm at work, why?" Olivia asked slightly confused.
"Ermm...Lucas Ripley died." Travis said down to the point.
"What? When? How?" Olivia asked standing up and leaving the common room area, ignoring everyone that looked at her.
"There was a fire. He went in solo to get another firefighter. He was fine. Then the next day he collapsed due to a pre-existing heart condition. Turns out he inhaled something on the call...he died yesterday Liv. But there's more..." Travis explained solemnly.
"What is it?" Olivia asked, trying to keep it together.
"Vic was dating Ripley. They have been for months. She asked him to marry him after the fire. He never got to give her a reply Liv. He actually checked himself out of Grey-Sloan to find Vic after he missed meeting up with her."
"Oh god..."
"Yeah. He went to Settle Pres...eventually we got Vic there after she finished talking someone off the edge from height. But none of the treatments worked..." Travis added.
"Shit. It Vic alright?" Olivia asked, choking back her tears as walked outside into the cold fresh air.
"I mean...no. She lost her fiancé. She's staying with Andy and Maya. But she's turned up at work today and she won't leave. We can't force her..." Travis said sadly. Olivia took a minute to compose herself.
"Liv?" Travis asked, as Olivia noticed Kelly walking out to her having obviously seen her leaving.
"I'll be on the next flight out. I'll text you." Olivia said before she hung up. Olivia stuffed her phone into her pocket and quickly wiped her eyes as Kelly joined her.
"Are you alright?" He asked.
"Our Fire Chief...someone we knew quite well – died yesterday. I have to go speak to Chief." Olivia explained before she excused herself. She started walking straight to Boden's office.
"Chief..." She called, knocking on the doorframe.
"Liv, come in. What can I do for you?" He asked, looking up from the stack of paperwork in front of him.
"I need some furlough time. I just found out that Our Fire Chief – Lucas Ripley – died yesterday. He was close to us all, especially one of my friends. I need to go to Settle." Olivia explained matter of factly.
"Of course. Take as long as you need. Just keep me updated." Boden replied sympathetically.
"I will, thanks Chief. Right now I need to go pack a bag and look at flights. I'll text you." Olivia said before she left. Practically running to her lock, Olivia stuffed some things into her bag and grabbed her keys before she slammed it shut and walked out. She saw everyone in the common room.
"Ermm...I'll be back soon. I have to go to Seattle. A Fire Chief back in Seattle – Lucas Ripley – died yesterday. He was close to us all, especially one of my friends. I have to go." Olivia said, trying not to cry again. Herrmann was first over to her.
"I'm sorry kid." He said pulling her in for a hug.
"Thanks." She said wiping her eyes.
"I''ll be alright...but I need to go. Thank you all...I'll let someone know when I get there and all that." Olivia said before she turned around and left. As she got to her car, she threw her bag in and climbed into the driver's seat before she connected her phone to the car's system and called the airport.
"Chicago Airport, how may I help you?" A chirpy women greeted as the line connected.
"Hi yeah – I was wondering if you had any flights to Seattle for today?" Olivia asked, as she focused on driving.
"I can have a look. For how many people?"
"Just 1 adult." Olivia responded.
"Okay...I've just checked the system. We have a few seats left on a flight that departs as 17:00." The women explained. Olivia looked at the time. It had just gone 1 o'clock so if she was quick, she would make it.
"I'll take it. Can I reserve the ticket and pay for it upon arrival?" Olivia asked.
"Yes of course, however there is a service charge of $50 to do this."
"That's fine. Put it under O. Fletcher." Olivia explained.
"Okay, that's all done for you."
"Thank you." Olivia said before she hung up as she pulled onto her street. Leaping out of her car, Olivia grabbed her bag before she raced inside. She had just enough time to have a shower, pack a bag and get herself to the airport. Racing around her apartment, Olivia stuffed some belongings into a bag, satisfied that anything she had forgotten she could purchase in Seattle, before she went to have a shower. After quickly washing her hair and body, Olivia dried herself off before she chucked on some clothes. She pulled her hair into a messy bun before she went to make sure she had everything.

To be continued...

—————————————————
Hey guys! So I wasn't originally going to write this into the book because I'm still sad over it but I feel like it works well with showing how close Olivia still is to everyone back into Seattle. Anyways, it will be continued in the next chapter as it was getting really long so, here you go!

 Anyways, it will be continued in the next chapter as it was getting really long so, here you go!