Chapter 36 - F*cked Up

Heidi and Chase were just finishing up at Chicago Med after dropping off another patient from a multi-car accident they had just attended with the rest of 51.

"You got this?" Heidi asked Chase as she grabbed the tablet.

"Yeah, I'll take this out, you finish the report." Chase nodded as he kept walking with the gurney.

"Oof, letting him get away with not doing the paperwork, come on Heidi, make him do it." Olivia laughed as she carried in a box with some patient belongings in. They had just dealt with a five-car crash and with other units dealing with the scene, 81 had cleared out and decided to take the belongings to med themselves.

"What are you doing here?" Chase asked her.

"Maggie, we have patient belongings from the crash." Olivia stated as she placed the box on the nurse's station.

"Thank you." Maggie nodded. Olivia nodded towards the door, signalling she'd walk out with Chase as the rest of truck was parked around the side near the ambulance bays.

"That crash was bad man. For only five cars, there was a lot of carnage." Chase said to Olivia as they walked out.

"I was thinking that." Olivia nodded in agreement.

"Who's tha-uh oh." Olivia started asking when she noticed who was standing by the ambo.

"What the hell do you want?" Chase snapped at Riley as he stopped the gurney just short of the ambulance.

"That's not very nice..."

"Are you serious right now? You're going to tell me I'm not being nice?!" Chase raised his voice as Heidi walked out of the hospital.

"Chas-"

"No, just leave me alone." Chase turned his back on her as he put the gurney away.

"Who's this?" Heidi asked, glancing at Riley. Chase sighed and lowered his head as he turned back around from the rig.

"Riley." Olivia told Heidi. Chase had told Heidi all about Riley so she knew what her being here meant.

"Oh." Heidi said awkwardly.

"She was just leaving." Chase glared at her.

"No I wasn't." Riley shook her head. Just then Olivia's radio crackled to life, calling her back to the truck for a new call.

"Don't let him do anything stupid." Liv whispered to Heidi before she ran away to the truck.

"Is that-" Casey started to ask as the truck pulled away from the hospital.

"Riley, yeah." Olivia nodded.

Back at the ambulance, Chase continued sorting their gear out.

"I'm serious, leave Riley." Chase said angrily.

"I came to talk to you." She added.

"Yeah, well, I don't want to hear it." Chase told her.

"Look, I'm not here to cause trouble, I'm not even here for you. I'm here for a friend who's ill. I just wanted to clear the air-"

"Clear the air? Clear the air?!! Are you fucking serious? There is no 'clearing the air' between us Riley. You fucked up." Chase said angrily at him.

"I know...and I'm sorry for that."

"Oh you're sorry are you? Is that meant to make it all better?" Chase mocked as he climbed out the back of the ambulance.

"We were engaged Riley! We were planning our wedding and you cheated. You messed up. Not me, you. Do you have any idea how that made me feel?! Or what that's done to me?! Do you?!!" Chase shouted, finally reaching breaking point.