Chapter 24 - Never Off Duty

Truck 81 pulled back into the firehouse and came to a halt. As everyone jumped out the rig, Olivia noticed someone familiar standing near the squad table talking to Severide and the others.
"What are you doing here?" Olivia asked the person as she crossed her arms over her chest. She stood standing at the person and everyone else looked on. After a few seconds Olivia and the person started smiling as Olivia started laughing.
"Ahh, it's so good to see you!!" Olivia exclaimed as she hugged Jack tightly.
"Guys, this is Jack Gibson. He's one of the lieutenants from my old station back in Seattle." Oliva said, introducing him to everyone. Olivia then introduced everyone to Jack. They spent a few minutes talking with everyone before Olivia walked outside with Jack to talk.
"So what are you doing here Jack?" Olivia asked as she leant against the hood of her car on the street as Jack had pulled into behind her car.
"I actually came out for a mates stag-do. I was in the area, so I thought I'd stop by." Jack explained.
"Well it's good to see you." Olivia said happily.
"You to. You seem happy here. They seem like a great bunch." Jack said happy to see that she was doing well.
"They are and I really like it here." Olivia responded. Jack looked at his watch.
"I better get going. My flight leaves in two hours." Jack said.
"Take care of yourself. Tell everyone I say hi." Olivia said as she pushed herself off her car.
"You to." Jack said, giving her another hug.

Truck 81, Ambulance 61, person in distress.
Oakley High School.

The alarm sounded, alerting Olivia and the others to another call.
"They're calling my name." Olivia grinned as she backed up.
"Bye!!" She called out as she started running back towards the firehouse. Jack smiled and watched as they all geared up and got into the fire truck before they pulled out onto the street. Olivia waved as the truck drove past Jack as it headed to the call.

The next morning, Olivia was waiting out front of the firehouse, waiting for Antonio who was picking her up. It had been a long shift and she had to admit that she was tired, but she was excited as she was going out of town for a few days with Antonio. After a few minutes, he pulled up in his truck. They had packed everything the day before so that they could leave right after Olivia's shift. She smiled as she climbed into the passenger seat.
"Hey." She said, giving him a kiss.
"Long night?" Antonio asked, being able to tell how tired she was. Olivia nodded as she sat back and pulled on her seatbelt.
"This weekend is going to be great." He said as he started driving. Olivia smiled happily as she nodded her head in agreement.

"Wakey, wakey sleepy head, we're here." Antonio said gently shaking Olivia to wake her up. He was standing her the passenger side doorway. Olivia shifted as she woke up.
"Hmm..." She said groggily.
"You fell asleep. We're here." He said as she woke up more.
"Oh." Olivia said reaching to undo her seatbelt. Antonio went to grab their bags from the trunk as Olivia climbed out the trunk. She left her work bag in the car and grabbed the keys to the cabin from Antonio who had picked them up earlier that day. She went to unlock the door as Antonio locked the truck and followed her.
"Wow, this place is amazing!" Olivia exclaimed as she looked around. Antonio had been in charge of booking their weekend away and he had been very secretive about it, only telling Olivia where it was roughly and nothing else.
"Told you you'd like it." Antonio said wrapping his arms around her waist from behind and resting his chin on her shoulder. Olivia grinned and spun around in his arms so she could wrap her arms around her.
"Thank you for arranging this." She whispered before she leant in and crashed her lips against his.
"I need to go have a shower as I'm all gross from work but after that, I'm all yours." Olivia grinned as she backed away from him slowly. She grabbed her back from the floor before she went to look around the rest of the cabin and find the bathroom.
"Or you could join me." She called from down the corridor once she was out of sight. She heard Antonio laugh before she heard footsteps.
"I think...that's...a great...idea." Antonio said between kisses after he snuck up on her.

A few hours later they were both cuddled together on the bed. It was later and they were both enjoying the silence.
"We should have done this sooner." Olivia said she traced her finger over the tattoo on Antonio's chest.
"I just realised I never actually told anyone the reasons behind us coming here." Olivia laughed.
"One year today." Antonio said happily.
"And it's been an amazing year." Olivia responded as she looked at him.
"It's crazy to think how much has changed in the year and a half I've been here." Olivia said, only just realising how long she had been in Chicago. The time had flown by with soo much happening, and it was extremely hard to grasp that it had actually been that long.
"Has it really been that long?" Antonio asked surprised.
"Yep. I was here for about four months before I met you properly and then we started dating about a month later." Olivia explained, smiling as she remembered back to how they met. Olivia rolled back as Antonio started to sit up.
"This might seem kind of crazy but here me out." Antonio said as he got up from the bed and grabbed something from his jacket on the floor. Olivia sat up against the headboard holding the blanket around her.
"Like you said, it's been a crazy year. A lot has happened. I got shot, you had a bad period of PTSD, life is unpredictable. Especially with our jobs." Antonio said, confusing Olivia a little.
"And it might be a bit soon, but I've been thinking about this a lot lately." He added.
"Olivia Fletcher, I choose you. I want you for the rest of my life. So, I'm asking you...will you marry me?" Antonio asked kneeling down by the bed and holding out a ring box to Olivia. Olivia pulled her hands over her mouth in shock as a tear fell down her cheek.
"Yes!" She choked out. Antonio got up as Olivia leant over and took the ring. She slipped it on her finger.