Chapter 39 - 24 Hours

It was a typical windy and wet day in Chicago. Olivia had spent the whole day at home with Antonio, missing her shift, as she had woken in the early hours of the night sick.

"How you feeling?" Antonio asked his fiancé as he walked back into the bedroom with some dry toast and some juice.

"Hmm, better than this morning but pretty crappy." Olivia mumbled as she sat herself up against the headboard.

"Thanks." She said, kindly accepting the toast from him, desperate to get some food in her stomach.

"I don't get it though, I've not been around anyone sick. Don't know where the fuck this came from." Olivia moaned, annoyed that she was sick once again.

"Ha, maybe you're pregnant or something." Antonio joked. Olivia froze. That's when it hit her. She quickly pulled up her period tracking app on her phone.

"I'm gonna be sick." She said as she shot up from the bed and into the bathroom really quickly.

"What was that face for?" Antonio asked her as he walked into the bathroom after her. Olivia took a second to recover from being sick once again before she sat back on the floor, staying close to the toilet.

"I think I could actually be pregnant." She told him.

"What?" Antonio asked, making sure he heard her right as he crouched down next to her with a damp washcloth.

"I didn't realise until now, I've missed two periods. I've never really been regular but they've never really been this far apart either." Olivia explained.

"I checked my app after you made that joke." She added.

"I thought you were on the pill?"

"I am. But being sick can affect that. I was sick a few months ago remember." She told him.

"Oh." Antonio didn't know what to say either.

"You need to go buy a test." Olivia told her fiancé.

"Right, yeah, err, okay." Antonio said.

"I would go but I'm gonna be sick again." She told him as she shifted closer to the toilet.

"What do I get?" He asked, not knowing which ones to get.

"Any. Get both digital and non-digital ones." Olivia told him. He nodded and kissed her forehead before he left.

Less than an hour later, Olivia was sitting on the bathroom floor, legs crossed, with two tests resting on the floor in front of her.

"Holy shit..." She mumbled, not knowing how to feel.

"They're both positive." Antonio stated.

"Uh-huh." Olivia nodded in shock.

"This is good right?" She asked, looking up at him.

"Of course it is! If you want it that is..." He told her as he knelt down and rubbed her arm supportively.

"Of course I do." She said, suddenly overwhelmed as tears sprung to her eyes.

"Shit." She said still in shock.

"Hey it's okay." Antonio didn't hesitate to pull her in for a hug but Olivia quickly pushed her way out as she dove for the toilet, just making it in time before she was sick again.

"This better fucking stop..." She mumbled as Antonio handed her a glass of water.

"It-err, should." Antonio tried to say reassuringly.

"Sound so confident there mate." Olivia laughed, making Antonio laugh.

"Sorry." He pulled a face.

"We need to book an appointment with an OBGYN, get it confirmed. Oh god then I have to sort it with the department-"