Chapter 31 - Dream House

Two weeks. Two weeks is how long they had been looking at houses together. They had thought it would have taken a lot longer to find a house that they not only both liked but could comfortably afford but to their surprise, they had found a couple of houses to choose from. Above all the houses stood one though. It had three bedrooms, a large attic, a small basement, a garage and it was very spacious and open plan. Antonio could tell that Olivia had fallen in love with the house the second they viewed it and was eager to surprise her.

Last Thursday evening...
Olivia was sitting chilling on the bed with her laptop, scrolling through Facebook as Antonio made them something to eat.
"Hey babe, I just got a text, that house we liked just sold." Antonio lied as he walked towards the bedroom.
"Really?" Olivia asked sadly.
"Yeah. But there's plenty others we liked, right?" He asked, walking over to her.
"Yeah and we can always keep on looking." Olivia nodded. She smiled as Antonio leant down and kissed her.
"I better finish cooking." He said, heading back out to the kitchen. As he 'finished cooking dinner' which was practically done anyway, Antonio stood at the counter on his phone. He had an idea in mind, but he needed a few people's help if it was going to work out.

Sunday afternoon...
Olivia and Antonio both had the day off together for the first time in a couple of weeks. They had gone out for breakfast at a local diner before they had gone shopping for some bits to make whatever house they brought more homely. Olivia was happy to let Antonio drive them around as she was still tired from her hectic shift the day before. As Antonio turned left at a junction instead of right back to their apartment, Olivia pulled a face.
"Where are we going?" She asked him.
"It's a surprise." Antonio grinned, as he focused on driving. Olivia huffed as she crossed her arms and pouted.
"We're not far away." Antonio laughed as he placed his hand on her thigh. Olivia couldn't help but laugh.

Not ten minutes later, were they pulling up outside somewhere very familiar.
"Come on." Antonio said, jumping out the truck. Olivia undid her seatbelt before she jumped out of the truck as Antonio had walked round and opened her door for her.
"What are we doing here?" Olivia asked Antonio as he pulled her up the driveway.
"I thought you said this place was sold?" She added, looking at the sold sign in the front garden.
"It did. I brought it." Antonio said as he pulled the keys from his pocket and chucked them at her.
"Well, we brought it." Antonio corrected himself, as they had put all their shared funds into one account when it came to looking for a new place.
"What?" Olivia asked gobsmacked.
"It was well in our budget, and you fell in love with it." He told her happily. Olivia smiled and walked over to him.
"It's perfect." She agreed, happy he had done it.
"Yep. Three bedrooms, an office, open space. And a massive attic which can be converted into another room." Antonio reminded her. They had spoken about it after the first time they viewed the house.
"We can convert the garage into a gym and just keep our cars on the driveway, it's big enough." Olivia thought. She had always liked the idea of having an at-home gym.
"I like how you think Mrs Dawson." Antonio grinned as he pulled her into him.
"That's Fuller to you." She reminded him. They had been speaking about their surnames when it came to getting married and both agreed that it was best that Olivia kept her last name as there had already been one Dawson at 51 already and it was just easier in terms of everything else.
"When can we move in?" Olivia asked him as they stood and stared at the house.
"Next week? I've already arranged it with Boden and Voight. We're both off for a week." He told her.
"You sneaky bugger." Olivia said, playfully hitting him.
"I love you, you know that?" Olivia said, turning to look at him.
"I love you too." Antonio said before he leant in and kissed her.

Later that evening, they were sitting in bed together, sorting things out for their new house. Every time she thought of the house, she got a massive smile on her face.
"Okay, things to think about." Olivia said as she started a list.
"Garden definitely needs a gate." She started, knowing that was an easy fix. Antonio agreed.
"Attic conversion. I was thinking we could ask Casey?" Antonio suggested.
"Oo, that's a good idea. I'll ask him next shift." Olivia said as she wrote down a few notes on her iPad.
"Okay, office. We need furniture. Between us we have nothing for an office." Antonio stated.
"True. I had a few ideas in mind for that." Olivia said as she pulled up some pictures on her phone.
"I was also thinking of setting up a spare room first and then leaving the other room empty for the time being." She added.
"I like that idea. I'll leave you in charge of that and I'll just do the manual labour." Antonio laughed. Olivia grinned.
"I like that idea." She mumbled, having a lot of ideas in her head.
"I like the idea of something else a lot more right now." Antonio smirked as he took her iPad from her and placed it on the bedside table. He leant over her and kissed her.
"I like that idea too." Olivia said, biting her lip. She squealed as Antonio crawled down the bed a little and pulled her down, so she was lying down underneath him. She smiled up at him.
"How did I get so lucky?" She asked as he held himself over her.
"I was just thinking the same thing." He whispered before he lowered himself down to kiss her.

——————————————————
A/N - We're getting closer and closer to the wedding! And even more exciting, to the end of this book... meaning the Sequel!! I'll be posting the Cover, Name and description for book two soon so keep an eye out! Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think. x

 x