Chapter 22 - I'm Back Pitches

Olivia had been on medical furlough for just over six weeks and today was the big day. Her first shift back having been cleared a few days ago by Dr Charles. Olivia was standing in front of her bathroom mirror French braiding her hair. She smiled as she spotted Antonio leaning in the doorway.
"You ready for this?" He asked her, sounding almost as excited as she did.
"Yeah." She said happily as she finished doing her hair. She hair sprayed the loose strands down, before she tucked in her t-shirt.
"How do I look?" She asked, as she turned around to face him properly.
"Perfect." He grinned as he walked over to her and put his hands on her waist. Olivia smiled and slung hers on his shoulders as he leant down and gave her a kiss.
"I better get going so I'm slightly early." Olivia said, noticing the time. Antonio gave her another kiss before he let her slide past him.

Arriving at the firehouse, Olivia parked up before she headed inside. She was one of the first people there so she went to change into her uniform and put some stuff back into her locker. She took her time as she still had about 15 minutes until the shift officially started. Once she was ready, she headed out to the common room where some of the others were as Galo and Kidd had already made some breakfast.
"I'm back pitches!!" Olivia announced happily, hoping someone would get the reference.
"Did you just quote Pitch Perfect?" Capp asked through a mouthful of food.
"Yes, yes I did." Olivia laughed.
"It's good to have you back Liv!" Herrmann exclaimed as he was the first to come and give her a hug.
"Thanks Herrmann." Olivia said hugging him back.
"Good to have you back-"
Truck 81, Engine 51, House Fire.
234 All-Hallow Avenue.
"Thanks Casey." Olivia said as they all ran to the trucks. He smiled as they geared up and hopped into the trucks. Within a few minutes they were pulling up on scene along with paramedics and police.
"Okay, Engine 51 prep a line. Truck 81 will cover search and rescue, you guys back us up with lines." Casey order, taking charge as the highest rank on scene.
"Liv, you're with me." Casey said looking at her.
"Yes sir." Olivia said before she grabbed her haligan from the floor. They all moved closer to the house before they pulled on their masks. Once they had them on they all headed inside and split up into pairs to complete the search.
"Fire department, call out!" Casey shouted and he searched the upstairs rooms with Olivia.
"CFD! Call out!" Olivia shouted as she moved a bed to check that no-one was there.
"Casey, we've got two vics on the first floor. Says there one more person in the house." Kidd said over the radio from downstairs.
"Copy that." He responded.
"Fire department! Call out!" Olivia shouted again.
"H-here!" They heard a weak cry come from the next room.
"Did you hear that?" Olivia asked, stopping Casey.
"Call out!" He shouted as he nodded.
"In here!" They heard the voice call again.
"Next room." They said together. Casey followed Olivia out. She kicked the bathroom door open and they found a little boy hiding in the bathtub.
"It's okay. Come with us and we'll get you out." Casey told the boy as he moved closer. He picked up the boy.
"That's going to be a problem." Olivia said clearly so he could hear her.
"What is it?" He asked.
"Fire's on the stairs." Olivia stated.
"Guys we need a ladder round the back. Stairs are engulfed in flames." Olivia said into the radio.
"Copy that, hang tight." Herrmann responded. Olivia lifted her haligan and swung it at the window, smashing it. She cleared the class from the edges before she pulled off her mask. She walked over to Casey and the boy and gave the boy some oxygen through her mask.
"You go first and I'll hand him to you." Olivia told Casey as she took the boy from him.
"Okay." He agreed as Herrmann and the others lifted a ladder into place. Casey pulled off his mask before he carefully climbed out onto the ladder. After he climbed down a little, he stopped so Olivia could pass him the little boy. She waited until Casey and the boy got down safely before she climbed out onto the ladder and started climbing down. She turned around just in time to see Casey reuniting the boy with his parents. She smiled as she took off her BA and set it down next to the truck. She grabbed a bottle of water from one of the compartments.
"Nice work Liv." Casey told her as he came over and did the same.
"Thanks." She smiled before she gulped down some water, before pouring the rest over her face. After a little while, the fire was out and they were free to leave. After stopping for fuel, they headed back to the firehouse. Olivia went to clean up before she joined some of the others in the common room for a catch-up.

A few hours later, Truck 81 and Engine 51 were helping CPD with a missing child who went missing in the town centre whilst out shopping with her mum and sister. As it had been a quiet day, Boden had let the units go help as long as they were still active on their radios. The group had split up into pairs to search, but so far they had found nothing. It was getting later in the afternoon so the tension was only building. Olivia was talking to Casey when an idea came to her head.
"This kid likes Toy Story, right?" Olivia said remembering something the parents had said. Casey nodded.
"Toy store." Olivia said remembering the toy store they had driven passed that was a block away.
"Guys stay here and keep looking, we have an idea." Casey told the others before he and Olivia took off running. It didn't take them long before they arrived at the toy store. They slowly started walking round the shop. As they reached the toy story section, they both heard whimpering. Casey pointed over to a little girl who was crying whilst hugging a little Alien toy.
"Hello darling, are you Mysha?" Olivia said gently as they approached. The little girl looked at them and nodded before she burst out crying more.
"Mummy!!" She cried.
"It's okay. How about we take you to find mummy?" Olivia asked, kneeling down next to the young girl. Mysha nodded her head as she wiped her eyes. Olivia picked Mysha up as she stood up.
"Who's this little guy?" She asked as she headed to the front of the store.
"Aliwen." The little girl said quietly, not quite being able to say the word properly.
"Well as you were so brave, do you want to keep him?" Olivia asked. Mysha's face lit up and a big smile crossed her lips.
"I got it." Casey told Olivia as she went to grab some money from the inside pocket.
"Thanks." Olivia smiled at him. She stayed with Mysha as Casey went to buy the toy for the little girl. A few moments later they were leaving the store.
"Casey to everyone, we found Mysha and we're on our way back." He alerted everyone over the radio.
"That's great news! Well done guys." Herrmann's voice responded.
"Let's go see mummy and your sister hey?" Olivia said, bouncing the young girl slightly so she let out a little squeal. Olivia smiled at Casey as they headed back to everyone else.

———————————————————
A/N – So I had to get my obsession for Toy Story and the Aliens in one of my books so here it is! You seriously wouldn't think I'm 18 by how happy the little Aliens make me.

Also credit to ChloeOgradyXo for the idea of "I'm Back Pitches". 😂😬❤️

Anyways, hope you liked it! Thanks for reading!
Dharma xx

Anyways, hope you liked it! Thanks for reading!Dharma xx