Chapter 12 - City Lights

(Continued from the previous chapter...)
"That was a nasty break." Olivia cringed, as they put their gear back into the ambulance having now dropped Charlie off at the hospital.
"Yeah." Chase agreed, handing Olivia the new lot of sheets he had collected.
"Anyways, I'm soo tired. I think I could sleep all day." Olivia joked as they headed back to the firehouse.
"Well, when we go back to house you can go sleep." He laughed, as he focused on driving.
"Sleep...I like the sound of that." Olivia sighed leaning back in her seat.

Arriving back at the station, Olivia and Chase had something to eat before going to rest. During the rest of their shift, they had five more callouts. Between calls they were either stocking up or resting. By the end of her shift, Olivia had gotten her second wind and was practically bouncing out of the firehouse when it was time to go home.
"Liv, a bunch of us are going to Mollys tonight. Want to join us?" Kidd asked, as she caught Olivia leaving the firehouse. Stella came out with Sylvie.
"I'd love to. But I have my first date with Antonio tonight." Olivia said blushing.
"Oh- that's tonight!" Stella said happily.
"Yeah. Don't worry...I'll tell you all about it next shift." Olivia said to the girls who were grinning.
"I best get going. See ya later girls." Olivia added seeing the time. She said goodbye as he headed to her car. Throwing her bag into the back, Olivia got in and switched on the engine. She started playing some music before she drove off down the street.

Arriving back home, the first thing Olivia went to do was have a nice relaxing bath. It had just gone 4:30 and Antonio wasn't picking her up until 7pm so she had plenty of time to get ready. Running warm water, Olivia choose out her outfit for the evening before she got in the bath. It felt nice after a long shift just to relax and it also helped settle her nerves for the evening. After nearly an hour in the bath, Olivia got out and went to start slowly getting ready. She dried her hair before she styled it into a messy side bun type look.

Once she was happy with that she went to get dressed

Once she was happy with that she went to get dressed. She never wore make-up so she didn't have the fuss of that. Grabbing her purple dress from her bed she carefully pulled it on before taking her black jacket and shoes out with her to the living room.

 Grabbing her purple dress from her bed she carefully pulled it on before taking her black jacket and shoes out with her to the living room

By 6:30pm she was completely ready so she sat watching TV waiting for Antonio to rock up at 7. She almost jumped when the doorbell rang dead on 7. Standing up she switched off the TV before going to answer the door.
"Hi." She grinned, seeing Antonio standing there with some flowers.
"Hey." He said grinning just as much.
"Wow, you look lovely." Antonio said making Olivia blush.
"Oh and these are for you." He said handing over the flowers.
"Thank you! They're beautiful." Olivia exclaimed.
"Come in. I'll just put these in some water and then we can head out." Olivia said, moving away from the door. She quickly went to sort out the flowers before she grabbed her jacket. Slipping it on, she went back out to Antonio who was stood waiting by the front door.
"Ready to go?" He asked.
"Yeah." Olivia said picking up her keys from the table by the door. Antonio opened the front door and went out first letting Olivia lock up.

After Antonio took Olivia to a little fancy restaurant for dinner they went for a walk by the river. It was getting late so there weren't many people about.
"You know...I love looking at all the city lights. I used to do it all the time back on Seattle - but this is different." Olivia told Antonio with a smile.
"Yeah, Chicago is a beautiful place." Antonio agreed.
"Most of the time." Olivia laughed. Antonio nodded his head.
"We should probably get going. It's getting late." Antonio said quietly after a few minutes passed. Olivia nodded and they slowly started walking back to where Antonio's truck was. Antonio held the door open for Olivia as she got in before he walked round to the driver's side. He got in and started the engine before pulling out. As they drove back to Olivia place they talked some more and soon enough they were pulling up outside Olivia's apartment. Antonio being the true gentleman that he is opened the car door for Olivia once again before he insisted on walking her to her front door.
"I had fun tonight." Olivia told Antonio with a gentle smile.
"Good. So did I." Antonio said grinning as they stopped outside her door.
"Okay I'm just going to say it..." Olivia said randomly. Antonio looked at her slightly confused.
"I really like you. Like a lot and I want to get to know you better." Olivia said truthfully.
"Really? I was going to say the same thing." Antonio said grinning. Olivia smiled. It was snowing slightly and she couldn't help but look into Antonio's eyes. Without wiping the grin off her face, she leant in and crashed her lips against his. After a few minutes they pulled apart.
"I'll text you?." Olivia said quietly, staying close to him.
"I'll be waiting." He Smiled.
"If you're lucky I'll let you take me out again." Olivia teased.
"I'll get planning." Antonio laughed.
"I can't wait." Olivia grinned as she fiddled with her keys.
"Good night." Antonio said heading back to his car.
"Night." Olivia said as she turned to let herself into her apartment.

——————————————————
A/N - Sorry it's been so long guys...I've been crazy! It's a bit shorter than normal but it's here! Hope you like it. Last update of the year so Happy New Year guys!

 Last update of the year so Happy New Year guys!