Chapter 3 - Nice Job

"Right Caleb...they're going to set this up and then we'll get you out okay?" Olivia reassured him.
"Please...my wife." Caleb called.
"She's been called." Chase informed them.
"She'll meet you at the hospital." Olivia told Caleb.
"Please...tell her I love her..." Caleb mumbled through the mask.
"You can tell her yourself okay? We're going to get you out of this." Olivia calmed him down. She nodded at Casey to get him to start. They slipped the airbags in and once they had secured a tourniquet on Caleb's leg, they started lifting the machine up. Caleb shouted out in pain.
"Keep going." Olivia told Casey.
"I know it hurts buddy but we're nearly done okay." Olivia reassured Caleb. Two minutes later, he was free. Everyone raced to drag him out and clear of the machine. They put him on a spinal board and moved him a safe distance away before Olivia and Chase started working on him more.
"Right we gotta go!" Chase shouted. Everyone came over and helped lift the patient up.
"Casey we could do with a driver." Olivia suggested, knowing it was best for both medics to be in the back as this guys was spiralling. Casey nodded.
"Kidd, drive them to med." Casey ordered as they loaded the patient into the ambulance. Stella nodded and hopped in.
"New kid, you'll ride with us. We'll meet you at med." Casey added, referring to the new medic. Olivia nodded as Casey closed the back doors.
"Let's go!" She shouted to Stella. Stella turned on the lights and sirens and floored it away from the scene towards Med.

10 minutes later they were arriving at med. Olivia and Chase handed their patient over to the doctors before they went to get cleaned up. Olivia helped Chase sort out the ambulance before the others arrived in the truck.
"Go easy on him..." Olivia told said as the rookie paramedic climbed out of Truck and started headed over to them. Chase nodded and said goodbye to Olivia and Stella as they went back over to Truck.
"Nicely done Liv." Casey told the newbie.
"Right guys...let's go. It's nearly the end of shift." Casey said aloud, as he climbed back into truck. Olivia and Stella climbed in the back before Otis started driving back to the firehouse.

By the time they arrived back at the firehouse it was the end of shift. After sorting everything out and putting away their gear, everyone went to get changed to go home.
"Hey Liv...a bunch of us own a bar – Molly's. Fancy coming for a drink tonight? First ones on the house..." Herrmann said, as everyone changed. Olivia grabbed her bag and closed her locker as she stood up.
"Ermm...not tonight guys. I have a lot of sorting to do at my apartment. Next time though..." Olivia told everyone.
"Okay. See you next shift then." Herrmann said.
"Yeah. I'll see you next shift." Olivia smiled, before she walked out. She went outside and got in her car which she had brought when she first came to Chicago. She turned on the radio and pulled away down the street, headed to her apartment.

Soon enough she arrived back home and let herself in.
"Right...boxes..." She said to herself. The first thing she did was change into some more relaxing clothes before she grabbed a beer from the fridge. Deciding she couldn't be bothered to cook anything and considering she didn't have much in as she hadn't really been shopping yet, Olivia decided to order some pizza. Going online, she ordered a pizza and a bottle of drink before she got to work unloading some of the boxes in the living room area. She was pulled from her work as he phone and iPad started ringing. She walked over to her iPad and saw that she had an incoming Facetime call from Travis. She swiped to answer it and waited for it to connect.
"Hey!" She said happily as his face appeared on screen.
"Hiiiiii!" Travis squealed, happy to see his friend again.
"I've only been gone a week." Olivia joked.
"I know...but it's not the same without you." Travis said sadly.
"How's Chicago?" He asked, changing the subject.
"Really nice." Olivia smiled.
"You had your first shift didn't you?" Travis remembered.
"Yeah. Everyone's really nice. It was a fairly good shift. Although I spent the last part as a paramedic as this rookie paramedic couldn't handle an entrapment." Olivia laughed. Travis smiled.
"Oh! Hang on..." Olivia said getting up from her chair as the doorbell went. She grabbed her purse and went to answer the door.
"Hi." She said to the delivery guy.
"Here." He said handing over the pizza.
"Thanks. Keep the change." Olivia told him handing over the money. He smiled as Olivia closed the door.
"You ordered pizza?" Travis asked. Olivia grinned and nodded her head. She took out a piece of pizza and took a big bite.
"What? I'm hungry." She defended herself as Travis stared at her. He laughed.
"God I miss you." He joked.
"Me too." Olivia admitted.
"Hey Trav, I'm actually gunna eat this and then head to bed. I'm shattered." Olivia told her friend.
"Okay...talk to you soon." Travis smiled. Olivia nodded and said goodbye before the line dropped. She ate a few more slices of pizza before she put the rest in the fridge. After making sure that everything was locked up and secured, Olivia headed to bed. As she layyed down in bed, Olivia hoped that for the first time in a while, she actually slept through the night without any problems...something that hadn't happened in a while. Letting her body relax into the soft, warmth of her bed, Olivia started to drift off to sleep.

"Hey guys...I just wanted to say, I'm going to miss you all like crazy. You guys are my family and my best friends. I love you all and I'm going to say this now as you never know with this job – it's been an honour working with you and learning from you all. You know me...as much as I need to go, I won't be able to stay away all the time so you will be seeing me again, but for now, I wish you all the best." Olivia said to everyone as they gathered in the barn. Everyone smiled and nodded their head in agreement. Olivia wiped her watery eyes and hugged everyone. Before anyone could say anything the alarm sounded.

Aid Car 19. Engine 19. Truck 19. Respond to a multi car collision.

Everyone looked at Olivia who smiled as they ran off to their vehicles. Travis took once glance back at his best friend before he climbed into the aid and drove away. Olivia smiled as she watched everyone drive off down the street. Now alone, Olivia took one last walk around the fire station before she left to go to the airport. She was defiantly going to miss Seattle, but she needed to leave to move on from everything.

————————————————-
Boom! Chapter 3! Hope you like it guys! x What do you think soo far??

————————————————-Boom! Chapter 3! Hope you like it guys! x What do you think soo far??