Chapter 2 - Moving Forward

She nervously tapped on the table as everyone started to file into the room. Once everyone was inside, Chief Boden gathered everyone's attention.
"I'll keep this short and sweet. Everyone, I'd like you to meet the newest member of Truck 81, Olivia Fuller." He introduced, pointing to Olivia at the front. Olivia waved at everyone. After saying a few more things, Boden left, leaving Olivia to get to know everyone. She went and joined them in the common room area.
"So...where'd you come from?" Herrmann asked, as he sat at the long table with Olivia and a few others.
"Seattle. Station 19." Olivia answered.
"How long have you been in Chicago?" Casey asked, leaning against the counter as he took a sip from his coffee cup.
"A week." Olivia stated.
"Yeah...let's just say my apartment's a tip." Olivia joked. They were all interrupted by the claxon going off.

Truck 81, Ambulance 61, Squad 3 – Hotel fire at 2894 Lux Avenue.

Everyone jumped up and ran towards the trucks. Olivia kicked off her boot and slipped into her turnout gear before she jumped into the truck behind the others. Within a minute all three vehicles were pulling out of the firehouse.

Upon arriving on the scene, they saw which floor the fire was obviously coming from.
"Squad 3, take the fire floor. Truck 81 will split to cover the floors under and above." Casey ordered. Everyone nodded and went off to work.
"Fuller, on my hip." Casey instructed.
"Yes sir." Olivia and the others started moving up the stairs to the floors they were clearing. Once at the floor above the fire, Casey, Fuller and Kidd, all pulled on their masks and headed inside. They went from door to door clearing each room.
"I've got someone!" Olivia shouted, kneeling down next to the unconscious women on the floor.
"I've got him. Take her." Casey said clearly, gesturing to the man that was a few metres away. Olivia nodded and pulled out her webbing from her pocket. She secured it around the women's wrist before she started pulling her out of the room. Casey picked up the man as they started leaving.
"This is Kidd, floor 5 is clear. Casey and Fuller are bringing out 2 vics." Kidd said over the radio.
"Copy that." Boden replied as he was now on the scene.
"Kidd, head down to 4 and help Squad 3." Casey said into his radio.
"Copy." Kidd replied. Casey and Olivia got their victims down to the paramedics.
"I think she was unconscious before the fire started." Olivia told Sylvie. Sylvie nodded and started examining her. Olivia took a step back.
"Buildings all clear Chief. Hit it." Severide said walking out. Boden nodded and ordered for the hose lines to be switched on.
"Nicely done Fuller." Casey said.
"Please...Liv's fine." Olivia laughed.
"Okay then." Casey smiled, walking away. Once Engine 51 had the fire out, Truck and Squad were cleared to leave the scene. They packed up their gear and headed back to the firehouse.
Upon arriving back at the firehouse, Olivia washed up and grabbed and snack before she decided to try and sleep as it was starting to get late.
"Right guys, I'm gunna hit the hay." She informed the others. She got up and walked into the bunk area. She walked over to her allocated bed and laid down. Closing her eyes, Olivia let her body relax.

"Guys...I need to talk to you." Olivia said sadly, gathering everyone's attention as they sat down to eat. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at Olivia.
"I've made a decision. It wasn't easy...but I've been thinking about it for a while. I'm...I'm-" Olivia paused and took in a deep breath.
"I'm leaving." Olivia choked out. Everyone looked sad.
"What?" Travis asked confused.
"I can't stay here anymore. It has too many bad memories for me. I'll miss you all like crazy, but I need to do this." Olivia explained.
"Where are you going?" Vic asked.
"Chicago hopefully. Sullivan's trying to get me transferred to an opening at Firehouse 51." Olivia replied, whilst she fiddled with her hands.
"When are you leaving?" Jack asked the question everyone wanted the answer to.
"I'm working all my shifts until the end of the week. After that I'm done. I don't know when I'll be leaving completely though." Olivia said sadly.
"Like I said...this is going to be really hard for me. But...I-I ermm I have to do it, now I'm gunna go outside for a breather." Olivia said suddenly, before she turned around and quickly walked out.

Truck 81. Back up ambulance 67 at the Salvatore Warehouse

Olivia jumped up and ran out to the Truck. She jumped into her turnout gear before she climbed into the Truck. They quickly pulled out towards the scene of the call.

Once they arrived on scene, everyone jumped out and walked inside the warehouse. (Chase is my own character/paramedic from my previous one Chicago book).
"Chase, what do we have?" Casey questioned, once they found the familiar paramedic and their patient.
"45-year-old male. About 30 minutes ago his leg got caught in the machine. Upon arrival, I've assessed him and given him some pain killers, and fluids. We need to get him out." Chase explained.
"Okay, Otis, with me. Let's check this out." Casey instructed taking off his jacket. Otis nodded and did the same before they carefully climbed into the machine area and examined it all.
"Yeah...we can get some airbags in and slowly lift it-"
"Hey newbie, step away." Chase instructed, seeing that the rookie paramedic he was paired with obviously wasn't coping very well with the situation.
"Go sit outside." Casey told the rookie medic.
"Captain let me step in." Olivia suggested, as she had started off as a paramedic and knew Casey already knew this. Casey nodded. Olivia took off his jacket and walked up to Chase.
"Olivia Fuller." She introduced herself, whilst pulling on a pair of gloves.
"Chase Dean." Chase introduced himself.
"What's your name?" Olivia asked kneeling down next to their patient.
"Caleb." The man mumbled.
"Hi Caleb. I'm Liv...I'm gunna look after you okay?" Olivia told him. Caleb nodded as Olivia placed an oxygen mask over his face.

To be continued...
—————————————————

Hope you like it soo far guys! Let me know what you think! x