27 ◌ still save you

Comincia dall'inizio

Seonghwa immediately widened his eyes and he could feel his heart skip a beat, "... Yeosang..." The younger's name was the only thing he whispered before jumping up from the seat, storming out of the auditorium in an instant.

San just sat there confused for a while. However, that didn't stop him from standing up and running outside to chase after him, but work was out of time.

Seonghwa was gone.

Running through the alleys with the beats of his heart racing, sweat coming down his forehead while he made sure not to waste any second. If he did lose it, then it'll be late.

He just prays to god that it isn't too late.

He started searching every corner of every streets, as no sign could he found except for the crowd of people and the car beeps. He turned his head to every direction to find him, but nothing could be found.

That was when he spot yeosang with a rose in hand and a smile on his face, as he turned his head and saw seonghwa, flashing him a smile. Seonghwa tilted his head a bit, as the younger was still there and wasn't moving. He was about to walk up to him, but the younger's figure disappeared in an instant.

Seonghwa was taken by surprise, but soon understood what was going on. It didn't surprise him, at all.

He quickly crossed the street, not minding all the cars going towards him. He immediately walked into the street yeosang had disappeared into earlier, and saw the younger walking down the street with no flower in hand.

Seonghwa noticed the younger keep on walking as he didn't stop for a second, seonghwa started following behind him. That was when realization hit him, seeing as a bus suddenly being driven at full pace towards the same direction yeosang was walking. seonghwa's heart skipped a beat as he ran towards him in a second - pulling him back by his sleeve before the bus could hit him.

Yeosang was shocked, looking at seonghwa with big eyes as his breathing got heavy. Seonghwa immediately pulled him to his chest and hugged him, noticing the way the younger's heart started beating swiftly. "You're okay... you're okay..." seonghwa combed the soft silky silver locks, whispering praises and you're okay's a few times to calm down the boy.

"I-I could have... d-died..." yeosang started crying in his chest and clutched his shirt, sobbing violently. Seonghwa started drawing circles on his back to stop him from crying, to no avail everytime the younger clutched his shirt tighter, crying harder. "W-what if you hadn't c-come in t-time?" He pulled away from the hug, shirt still in hand while looking up at the older with dried-off tears on the cheeks that soon started to turn red.

"Don't say that," Seonghwa grabbed both his cheeks with his hands and started wiping away the tears on the dainty skin with his thumb, but was stopped when yeosang pulled him into another hug.

"What if you didn't save me?" Yeosang mumbled against his chest, catching seonghwa off guard by the question. This is what he was scared of, not having prepared himself for the question.

"I'd still save you." Seonghwa hummed, burying his fingers in the other's soft and smooth hair.

"What if you never saved me?"

"I'd still save you."

The feeling of being afraid and controlled.

Seonghwa found himself deep in thought with hands covering his mouth while looking down at the floor with millions of questions and assumptions going through his head. He's never felt so frightened, so dominated before. Yes, it did happen. But now, it is happening again.

He was brought back from thoughts when he felt someone snuggle closer to him, two slim arms being wrapped around his torso. He turned his head to see yeosang already staring back at him with eyes full of fear and anticipation as it was evident he was upset and flustered.

Seonghwa tried to put on a smile to cover all of the worries on his face, wrapping an arm around the younger's shoulder and pulling him closer to himself. Yeosang's hand suddenly was on his heart and he gathered everything in his power to reduce the stress on his face and the swift heartbeats.

"Are you okay?" Yeosang suddenly asked, slightly stroking the elder's heart with his thumb while his other hand held onto his waist tightly.

Seonghwa cleared his throat slightly and let out a nervous laugh, "N-no? Why do you ask that? I should be the one asking you that."

Yeosang hummed and started drawing different types of shapes on the fabric that covered seonghwa's chest. "Your heart... it's beating so fast."

Seonghwa gulped, slightly squeezing the other's arm unintentionally which was quick to to make yeosang raise his head and look at him with an expression seonghwa's never seen him wear before.

"Thank you..." yeosang then said softly, slowly moving his hand to brush the older's bangs away from his forehead, the stars returning to their place with every look into each other's eyes.

"For?"

"For saving me." Yeosang bit his bottom lip and lowered his eyes, then back to look at the pair of eyes staring right back at him.

"Of course, You're my boyfriend, sangie." Seonghwa chuckled and wrapped his other arm around the smaller, tangling their legs together while the younger rested his head on the latter's shoulder, playing with the hem of the taller's shirt. "But I need to ask you a question first." Seonghwa took a breath, "What were you doing in the street? Why weren't you at school?

Yeosang gulped, eyelids growing as he scrunched his brows together. "I..." he licked his lips, "I woke up early so I decided to take a walk... how about you? what were you doing there?" He quickly changed the subject, swimming in hopes of thousands the elder didn't notice the slight shaking in his tone.

"I did, too."

"I have a question," yeosang started, continuing when seonghwa hummed. "How did you appear so fast?"

Silence.

"That- that doesn't matter..." seonghwa shrugged and rested his head on the other's head, kissing his teeth.

"But... about how you appeared right in time..." yeosang moved his head to look at the other, who tried to avoid his gaze. "Tell me." He demanded, making seonghwa swallow dry a few times.

No matter how much he tried, he just couldn't bring himself to start telling everything from rot to leaf to the younger. But that wasn't the reason, he just didn't want to bother the smaller with his problems. The only choice left for him was to lie, and that's what he did. "I was just passing by... class hadn't started yet and I wanted to catch up with a friend..."

"Really? Who?"

"Uh... his name is Jeonghan... but that doesn't matter right now, I want to cuddle." Seonghwa closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep, earning a few smacks on the chest from the younger, who kept on protesting that he should wake up.

Eventually, the younger gave in as he soon snuggled closer to him, both falling asleep on the couch in the living room with legs tangled and arms over each other's bodies.

Seonghwa knows none of this will last long.