19. Lori the host and Zim the fashionista (edited)

Start from the beginning

Then Gir came into the room.....

And gave him another hug. His screaming was unforgettable.

So naturally he put me between Lori and Gir on the couch to be his human barrier. Maybe I should hug him too and see how he reacts.

"So what's up Lori? You seem more excited than usual" I stated, looking at my human friend curiously.

"Well I've been trying to convince my parents for a while cause...they're rather over protective. I finally convinced them, after hours of begging and flattery, to let us have a sleepover!"

"Eh? Sleepover?" Zim questioned, tilting his head to the side in pure confusion.

"Yeah!" She yelled back in excitement. Lori seemed to not notice that zim genuinely didnt understand the concept.

"Sounds great, Lori! When?"

She paused, turning to face me and looked a little guilty.

"Uh tomorrow"

"Tomorrow!?" Me and zim yelled back.

"Oh please guys. My parents set it up this way in hopes that you wouldnt be able to come! Please, I worked too hard for this" she begged, getting in front of the couch and getting on her knees. She gave us the Lori kitten eyes.

Oh no! No one could resist the Lori kitten eyes. Well actually, she looked more like a chipmunk. But she was far too adorable to deny. Not even Zim could hold his own against that monstrous manipulation.

"Ugh fine!" He snapped fraustatedly.

"Great! Meet me at my house tomorrow. 5 o'clock! I cant wait to see my parents faces!" She yelled before rushing out of the door in pure Gir-like-giddiness.

Well she was quick to snap out of that.

Zim turned to face me, eyes filled with curiosity before speaking.

"So..."

"Yeah...I'll explain"

.........

"So this is just another activity friends do?" He confirmed, taking a seat by his computer.

"Basically, yeah"

Gir cut in "ooh ooh, you gonna order Pizza!?"

"I dont know Gir, that's up to Lori and her parents" I said, walking over to sit by Zim.

"So what will we need for this sleepover?" Zim asked, arms crossed over one another.

"Just clothes, toiletries and maybe some snacks." I shrugged.

Zim nodded along. I know he probably didnt understand a word of what I said but hes too stubborn to admit that. He was probably going to ask his computer about it as soon as I left.

".....you dont have any other clothes do you?" I mused, smugly.

"Why would I need any?" He asks, raising a nonexistent eyebrow.

"Let's just say it wont look normal if you dont"

It was a long conversation. And I was correct about Zim having no clothes other than his invader uniform. Apparently that was all he ever had.

So I offered to take him shopping. The Irken was quick to act like he knew what that was, saying he was a "shopping genius". Then, to catch him out, I asked him what he liked to shop for.

That shut him up.

"Come on, I have to fix the cruisers G-force compensators so-"

"We cant take forever in the store" I interrupted, letting him know I was aware.

He seemed rather annoyed by the interruption. How do I know? Well he was glaring at me and very quick to yell about it.

"Dont interrupt me!!" He whined out angrily. I could only put my hands up in surrender.

The trip to the store was long. This was mostly because Zim would not give up ranting about my interruption for the last five minutes. I could only groan as his one sided conversation would not cease to end.

At least until the shop was within range for me to take off running. Any other time I would refuse to run but....yes Zims rant was THAT unbearable!

I could hear Zims distant "hey!" As I did this. It only made me laugh as my run turned into a jog before I completely stopped.

My friend finished his little run too, though his eyes were narrowed into a clear glare. He gave me a lighthearted shove to which I only gave a smug smile.

We entered the store. I was very excited to see what Zim would pick

..............

Ok, new reveal about my favourite alien.....is he has awful taste in clothing.

Seriously, I turned around and I thought he was going to mock the clothes he had in his hand or something.

But no, it was genuinely his tacky style. Not even a good tacky.

So we had to compromise. Well, I had to at least.

So I asked if hed like to try some stuff on that I picked. Though i had to toss some flattery in as well as a few "you'd look so good in this" to convince him.

His pride shot through the roof as he continued making claims and agreed to many of my comments as to "keep one of his fans happy" and I couldnt help but chuckle at that claim.

I was his fan. That I couldnt deny.

He tried on some of his clothes first. He really liked them. I honestly hoped he wouldn't but it wasnt really my place to criticize his style. I'm going to let him like what he likes. That's what friends do.

Then he tried on the ones I gave him.

"Actually Y/n....you have a pretty good eye for clothes...for a human" he said, gazing at himself in the mirror. I smiled.

There were many trials, errors and, as zim would say, VICTORIES!!!

I was suprised when Zim began to pick more of the clothes I gave him. Then his style began to slowly develop from the ugly, tacky clothes to more stylish wear. He was growing to love trying on colourful and casual clothing,often asking for my opinion. I tried to be as honest as I could, whilst also remaining subtle about clothes I wasnt fond of.

Within a few hours of treating the dressing room as Zims personal catwalk, the irken became quite the fashionista.

He was a diva, he was confident, sassy and absolutely lived for the attention he got in the many outfits he tried. I think clothes shopping is a new hobby of his by this point.

Once we had finished, it took a while for Zim to decide on just a few outfits and accessories but we managed. Eventually.

Though the tacky clothes from the start where none of the chosen ones. Thank goodness for that.

It seems we're sleepover prepared!