63

during the riot at school that happened after diego was mistreated by a cop last week, i got hit in the stomach and ended up falling to the ground. i was at the doctor with justin waiting to see how the baby was, if they were okay since i wasn't too far along.

(A/N: THIS SCENE IS LOOSELY BASED OFF OF THAT ONE SCENE OF NALEY FROM ONE TREE HILL IYKYK)

"hello, mrs. foley, i'll be your doctor today. what brought you and your husband here today?" she asked.

"uh, she accidentally got hit in the stomach during a school riot." justin said, grabbing my hand. i was so nervous that i was chewing on my nails.

"alright. well let's get you all checked out." she said to me. she began scanning around my stomach.

"everything is going to be okay." justin whispered in my ear, kissing my forehead.

"alright, so what we're doing right now, is checking for baby's heartbeat, okay?" she asked us.

we nodded and she continued to scan around my stomach. when she was above the heart, we didn't hear anything at first, then suddenly it began beating.

i couldn't describe what i felt when i heard my child's heartbeat. i looked at justin and kissed him, forgetting every single issue we were having.

"they're going to be fine." i said, putting my head up against his.

"we're all going to be just fine." he whispered to me, kissing my forehead.

MONDAY MORNING...

it was the first day back at school and since it was, i dropped analeia off at the sitter's a bit earlier. but lately, justin had been sleeping in his room which was probably because he wanted to fix shit with clay.

i grabbed my backpack and walked to the outhouse with clay, who was calling out for justin. once he realized he was asleep, he walked up to him and began shaking him.

"justin, come on, we cannot be late for our first day back." he told him. "come on."

justin got up and looked sicker than ever.

"shit, that's today?" he asked as he got up slowly.

"yeah, school was closed for a week, but we still have to make it up at the end of the year." clay said. "and apparently, there's a whole... investigation into what started it, what you and diego were fighting about." clay explained.

"fuck!" he said to himself.

"baby, are... are you okay?" i asked him, sitting on his bed.

"yeah, are you alright?" clay asked.

"yeah, yeah, i just have the flu or some shit." he replied. "i promise i'm fine, baby." he said, smiling at me.

"the flu?" i asked.

"or some shit?" clay continued.

we both looked at each other and looked back at justin.

"i haven't used in days." he told us.