57

i got ready and i walked downstairs so that i could eat breakfast. just as i sat down, clay and justin walked in, justin hold analeia and putting him in the rocker and i walked up to her.

"good morning, princess! how are you today?" i asked her, earning a smile from her. i walked back to the counter and clay spoke up.

"where's mom and dad?" clay asked.

"lanie left early for work and so did matt." i replied, pouring my cereal. "and how much sleep did you guys get?" i asked clay, smiling.

"not enough. justin should not have broken up with you." clay said only loud enough for me to hear.

"how did she do?" i asked justin.

"she did good. she slept most of the night." he replied.

"good. that's good." i said.

"well we'd better get going so that we could drop ana off at the sitter." justin said, grabbing his backpack and walking away.

"wait... is he pissed off at me?" i asked.

"i'm too tired for this." clay said to me, grabbing his things.

once we put her in her car seat and dropped her off at the sitters, we drove to school and walked in, clay noticing cameras around it.

"what the fuck with all the cameras? they're everywhere. look." clay said.

"it's probably just the vandalism, right?" i asked.

"they didn't put any up after the baseball field, and that shit was way worse." clay responded.

"dude, most high schools have security cameras now." justin said to him.

"this is different. something's up. they know something." clay told us, beginning to spiral.

"dude, you have been spiraling for weeks. you gotta stop."

"no, you've been ignoring shit in your little 'i'm happy, i'm healthy' bubble, but shit is wrong." clay told justin.

clay's cellphone vibrated once again.

"this is the third time this morning. you gonna answer?" i asked.

"it's just a robocall." clay replied.

"why don't you block the num..." justin began.

"they're calling from different numbers." clay interrupted.

"why is a robocall freaking you out?" justin asked.

"i gotta get to class."

"so what's got you pissed off at me?" i asked justin.

"other than the fact that you pawned her on me because of your stupid vendetta?" he asked me.

"i don't have a stupid vendetta, justin. we had a deal when you broke up with me. and besides, she's your kid too, not just mine. she's three months old and you need to spend more time with her so she knows you're her dad." i replied.

"she knows well enough that i'm her dad, kylie." he told me. "that's not even what this is about."

"then what is it about, justin?" i asked. he stayed quiet. "whatever. i'll see you at home." i scoffed.

"where are you going?" he asked me as i was walking away.

"oh and he speaks!" i said, turning around. "i'm going to HO. i'll pick up analeia after school." i said, turning around and walking away.

i walked into the HO meeting room where people were talking about the cameras being around the school.

"i'm just saying. i do think there is a thing where the cameras make it safer around here." i spoke up.