38

a few weeks later...

in the morning, i woke up in justin's bed, but no justin. i noticed clay sleeping on his bed. i silently got up and walked into the house.

"good morning beautiful." he said, kissing me.

"uh, good morning." i told him. "what're you making?" i asked, sitting down at the table.

"i was gonna make you breakfast in bed but i didn't know you were gonna get up." he told me.

"that didn't answer my question." i told him, smiling.

"well, i figured i'd make bacon, eggs, and give you some orange juice." he said to me. he finished cooking and we sat down to eat.

"how's the baby?" he asked me.

"the baby's good. i find out what it is today." i replied.

"what're you hoping for?" he asked.

"definitely a boy." i told him.

"i will give you $10 if she's a girl." justin said, laughing.

"sounds like a deal." i replied, shaking his hand and kissing him.

"this is why i love you, you dork." he joked.

"ugh, you two are disgusting. let's go or we're gonna be late." clay told us. justin and i looked at each other and laughed out loud, while walking to his prius.

when i got to school, i noticed monty teasing tyler or at least bugging him annoyingly. i groaned and walked up to them since charlie was with him.

"leave him alone, monty." i told him.

"wait, is he your butt buddy now? you finally dumped foley for this loser?" monty asked.

"if we were having a contest on who the bigger loser was, you'd definitely win. come on, ty. let's go." i told him, walking away from montgomery.

"maybe next time you get pregnant, you'll know who the dad is." monty said out loud, making me turn around.

"what the hell did you just say to me?" i asked, walking toward him.

"you heard exactly what i said, andrews." monty said to me, smirking, smugly.

"you don't know a god damn thing, monty, so you better shut the hell up." i said, going up close to him.

"oh, i know more than you think, princess." he told me, walking away, laughing. 

"you okay?" tyler asked me.

"um, yeah. i'm fine. i just need to find clay." i told him.

"well, he's studying right now, i think." tyler replied.

"awesome. i'll find you later on." i said to him, walking to the library. i looked around before i noticed clay reading a book.

"clay, get up. we need to talk." i told him, grabbing his arm. i pulled him into an empty classroom.

"is everything okay?" clay asked.

"probably not." i said to him, silently panicking.

"why? what's going on, kylie?" he asked me.

"i told you about the day i got pregnant, right?" i asked.

"no, because i didn't think i needed to know that much about you." clay replied.

"well, it was the day before your mom and dad found out about him almost overdosing. the day before he took off again." i explained.

"okay?" he asked.