63

a few days after the riot...

it was just me, analeia, and justin in the house since clay was busy and matt and lanie were at work. i was sitting at the table with ana when justin ran in.

"what the fuck is wrong with you?!" he shouted at me. "why would you fucking do that?" i quickly got up and pushed him into the living room.

"we're not fighting in front of our daughter, justin so don't come into the house and scream at me, scaring her." i told him. "what the fuck are you accusing me of?" i asked him.

"you talked to kerba and he pulled me into the office and he accused me of using." he said.

"from how you've been acting, i don't think he or anyone else are accusing you, justin! he's looking out for you like he's been doing for the last five months! something you clearly don't care about doing." i exclaimed back.

"so you just don't trust me? is that what this is?" he asked me.

"no, actually, what this is, is me looking out for ana. because i don't want her seeing her dad like this. i won't let her go through what i did." i said. "so unless you stop using, i don't want her around you."

"so you're keeping my daughter away from me?" he asked me.

"god, justin, stop jumping right to that!" i exclaimed. "you're acting like i don't fucking want her to be around you when in reality, you're using again and you're lying to my fucking face about it!"

"even if i am using, how would you even know?" he asked.

"you're acting like a completely different person, j. i'm trying to be here, i really am, but you're pushing me away by doing what you're doing to yourself." i said, shaking my head. "you told me you'd stay clean for us. that we weren't worth losing." i said, tears forming in my eyes.

"i already told you guys that you're not, kylie."

"obviously we are if you're choosing to continue to use." i said to him. he looked down, clearly regretting how he came at me.

"what can i do, kylie? because i can't fucking lose you again." he said to me.

"you know what you need to do, j." i said to him. "you just have to try."

"i'm so sorry." he said, hugging me and crying, causing me to cry alongside with him.

"i just don't want you to die, justin. i need you here for me and for the kids." i said to him, hugging him back. "i care about you and love you way too much to watch you do this to yourself." i said to him.

"nothing matters more to me than my family." he told me, kissing me.

"well because of what happened at the riot, my doctor made me make an appointment with her to check and see that everything is okay with the baby. will you please come with me?" i asked.

"of course, ky." he said, smiling and hugging me. "thank you so much for giving me another chance. i promise i won't let you down." he said, kissing my forehead.

"don't promise me anything. show it to me." i said to him.

TWO DAYS LATER...