39

a few minutes after he picked me up from the police station, he spoke up.

"hey, i-"

"you don't need to talk to me, bryce." i said to him, looking out the window. we finally got in there and we both walked in.

"i'll talk to them, just sit down and try to calm down." bryce said to me. i rolled my eyes and waited a few minutes before i saw them bring justin out and uncuff him.

"what the fuck, dude, i told you not to call anyone." justin said to him.

"so this is why you miss my doctor appointment? the one i told you was important?" i asked him. "to do this shit?" i asked him, pushing him back.

"hey, take it outside!" the officer exclaimed.

we both walked outside, bryce behind us.

"you are beyond pathetic, justin. i can't believe i thought things were going to be better. clearly i was wrong." i said to him with tears in my eyes.

"baby, please. you need to let me explain." justin told me, trying to grab me.

"leave me alone." i told him. bryce walked up to him.

"hey, the deputy told my lawyer that seth is back in town. are you caught up with him?" bryce asked.

"justin-"

"i can handle it." justin told bryce.

"the fuck you can." i told him.

"kylie, enough." justin said. "i'll be fine."

"you know i'm here for you, right?" bryce asked. "for anything."

"yeah, i know." justin replied.

"i'm your brother forever, no matter what." bryce told him, walking away, leaving me and justin while he waited in the car.

"why couldn't you just talk to me?" i asked him.  "why would you get involved with seth?"

"i stole money from him when i became homeless and i started doing drugs. i needed money somehow, like to live and stuff, and so i stole it from seth. then i started lowballing his customers and taking some of the product for myself because of everything happening and falling apart around me." he said to me, looking away.

"justin, baby." i said, kissing him. "i'm sorry."

"i, i didn't have you, i didn't have my baby, i didn't have a goddamn thing." he admitted.

"you have us now. i promise. we're not going anywhere." i said to him.

"good." he said to me.

once bryce dropped us back off at the house, i went i to my car and grabbed the pictures. we went into my room and sat on my bed.

"can i see?" justin asked.

"see what?" i asked.

"can i see my baby?" he asked me, smiling.

"of course." i said to him, handing him the ultrasound photos. he looked through them and he looked at the last one.

"it's... she's a... a girl?" he asked, looking up at me with tears in his eyes. i nodded.

"we're... we're having a girl." he said, smiling. "i'm a father to a daughter."

"i love you." i said to him, kissing his cheek.

"come here." he told me, softly pulling me into him and taking off both of our shirts. we continued kissing until it became making out. he stopped.