24

TW: sexual assault

2 days later...

i walked into the house after bryce's trial.

"fuck." i said, sitting down on the couch and crying. justin, who'd come back to live with us after clay found him, came and sat next to me. he hugged me. clay walked into the living room.

"how could they just believe him like that? nothing ever happened between him and hannah. he was lying." i told him.

"it's okay. shh, you'll be fine." justin told me. there was a brief pause. i looked at justin and clay.

"something happened freshman year that i only told zach about." i said. "and for the past couple of days, i've been debating telling either of you just for your safety and mine."

"what? what happened?" justin asked. i gulped and took a breath in and let one out.

"when i was dating monty, after cheer practice one day, bryce and a few of the guys took me to this place. i didn't know what it was at the time, but i knew something was wrong the minute i stepped foot in there. i don't remember if it was scotty or jamie who closed the door, but i remember hearing bryce tell them to lock it. they told me that everything was fine. when i asked for montgomery, they told me he was sick, which was a lie, but in that moment, i didn't think about it. they gave me booze and they gave me weed. i was stoned and drunk, but i remember bryce telling scotty and jamie to get out. after they left, bryce just- he just forced himself onto me. i remember telling him no, over and over, but he just kept pushing himself onto me. when he finished, i can't remember if he pulled out or not, then he kicked me out of the place we were at." i told them. i could feel justin and clay getting angry. i was still crying. "i got a ride back to my apartment from sheri where monty was at and i passed out. it took me a year to tell montgomery what happened to me, but i didn't tell him it was bryce. not until recently. i had just told him i was raped. when i told him that, he couldn't be there for me, so he left me to do this on my own, then he cheated on me." i said.

"a polaroid of you wasn't in the pile." clay said.

"yeah, if you were with bryce, why wasn't there a picture?" justin asked.

"bryce didn't want monty to find out." i told them. "because if monty found out, bryce would have twisted the story and made it seem like i cheated on monty. like i wanted to have sex with him. knowing how fucked up montgomery is, he would have believed bryce over his own girlfriend. i didn't want to lose my boyfriend, so i went along like nothing happened. i was suffering for an entire year and i had nobody." i told them.

"i'm gonna kill him." justin said, standing up.

"no, justin, you're not going to do anything." i told him, grabbing his arm.

"he's not getting away with this again. i'm not going to let him do this again." justin said. he sat back down. "he needs to fucking pay."

"why're you deciding what needs to happen to bryce? i was the one who was raped. twice. i say we need to chill the fuck out." i told them. "we don't need to bring any attention to this anymore than we already have." i said, looking at clay. "what we need to do is just get ready to face that son of a bitch tomorrow." i said. the boys nodded. i walked upstairs into my room and fell asleep.

i woke up next to justin. i kissed his head as i got up to get dressed. i opened my door, took a shower, and got dressed.

when i went downstairs. tony was down there already.

"we giving you a ride, tony?" i asked.

"yeah. you are. my car got smashed by some fuck." he said.

"what the hell? you don't fuck with another dude's car." i said.

"this is exactly why you and i are best friends." tony said, hugging me. justin and clay walked downstairs. justin greeted me with a kiss.

"everyone pile up." clay said. tony got in the front with clay and justin and i sat in the back. we pulled up to the school, parked, and walked in.

"you ready?" justin asked me. he kissed my forehead and grabbed my hand. i nodded.

"y'know, i never thought i'd be thanking clay jensen for a ride." tony said. we turned the corner and saw bryce and his boys cheering him on for having a good day yesterday. obviously monty was there and didn't listen to anything i said.

"fuck me." i heard justin say before walking up to bryce.

"justin, no!" i told him.

"i have to." he turned around and told me. he continued walking up to bryce. "you're a goddamn liar."

bryce and his boys turned around.

"this does not end well." tony said.

"should we stop him?" i asked.

"no. this has to be done." clay said.

"you never hooked up with hannah, you would have told me." justin told him.

"why? because we were best friends and i told you everything?" bryce asked. he walked closer to justin.

"i should kill you." justin said.

"hey, chill out." monty said, trying to touch him. justin pushed his hand away. monty laughed.

"still gonna hide behind your boys, bryce?" justin asked him.

"i'm not hiding." bryce told him. "you wanna go?"

"fuck this, i'm not letting this happen." i said, walking up to them. i got in front of justin.

"baby, turn around and walk away. he is not worth it." i told him.

"yeah, justy. listen to your bitch." bryce told him. monty looked at me.

"fuck you." justin said, spitting on him. "she's my girlfriend who you have no fucking right to talk about!" justin shouted at him. clay grabbed me out of the way and justin pushed bryce against the locker and started hitting him.

"justin, stop!" i shouted, trying get near him. monty pulled me away.

"get the hell off of me, mont." i told him, pushing him off of me.

"then get the fuck out of here, before you get hurt."

"fuck you, that's my fucking boyfriend." i told him. i saw them push justin against a locker and go at him. "justin!" i shouted. that's when i saw alex walk up to monty. "alex, don't!"

"i have to!" alex said. he hit monty with a cane. monty pushed alex up against the lockers. i walked up to them.

"you're better than this, montgomery. don't do it." i told him.

he looked at me, then alex. he threw alex down. then, i must have accidentally gotten hit, because the next thing i knew, i was knocked out.