36

4 weeks later...

i walked into the kitchen and saw that clay was getting ready.

since justin and i weren't together, clay's parents decided to make the outhouse into a room for justin and clay.

"wow, you finally asked out ani, didn't you?" i asked, leaning on the counter.

"yeah. i think it's a date though." he said. justin walked in after his first shift and monet's.

"hey, ky." he told me. i slightly smiled.

"so, how was your first day?" clay asked.

"turns out i'm a fucking genius at making lattes." he said, getting something from the fridge. "oh, how come you're all dressed up?"

"because clay here thinks he's got a date." i said, smiling.

"it's kind of a date. i mean, i'm hanging out with ani at night some place." clay stumbled over his words.

"oh shit, you asked her out." justin said.

"kind of. it was hard to tell. i asked her if she wanted to eat dinner with me and she said yes." clay replied.

"okay, yeah. that counts." justin told him, putting his food down. "just don't talk too much."

"why?" clay asked.

"because you tend to get nervous and just talk." i told him.

"don't talk about other girls. and if she wants to have sex with you in the prius, i would say just think about it first."

"justin!" i quietly exclaimed.

"if she wants to what?" clay asked.

justin got a text.

"what the fuck?" justin asked.

"what is it?" clay and i asked.

"just something i gotta deal with." he said, putting his phone away. "where the fuck is the village motel?"

"don't you have tyler tonight?" clay asked.

"yeah, i got it. have fun. go!" justin told him. he took off. i turned around and faced justin.

"what's going on?" i asked him.

"nothing you have to worry about, kylie." he told me, getting his stuff together.

"justin." i told him.

"what, kylie?" he asked me. "you broke up with me a month ago. don't worry about me." he said to me. he kissed my forehead and ran out.

i went upstairs to my room and got onto my bed to fall asleep.

i woke up and felt in my stomach that something was wrong. i looked under my covers and i was bleeding. i tried to get up and when i did, i felt a cramp-like pain. i sat down on the floor, still bleeding.

"lanie!" i exclaimed. she ran into my room and noticed me on the ground. she called matt in and matt called clay. matt and clay both helped me up and into clay's car.

"we'll meet you there. we're calling justin now." matt said. clay nodded and sped off. i grabbed his hand.

"you'll be okay." he said. i was breathing heavily before finally passing out.

when i woke up a few hours later, justin was by my side.

"hey, sweetie." he said to me. he looked like he'd been crying.

"what happened?" i asked, groggily.

"you woke up and you were bleeding and you passed out when you got to the hospital." justin told me.

"how's the baby?" i asked.

"the baby's fine, thank god." he told me. i smiled and held my stomach.

"when can i get out of here?" i asked.

"in a few hours. they just need to make sure you've got energy to do anything and they need to make sure you won't bleed again." he spoke. clay's mom came to the door.

"justin, i need to talk to you, really quick." she told him. he nodded.

"i'll be back." he told me. he walked out. the door opened again.

"hey, don't say anything. i was never here." bryce said, quickly coming in.

"bryce, what the hell do you want?" i asked, pulling the blanket up toward me.

"justin came by last night. he threatened me and basically told me never to talk to you or mention you again." bryce told me.

"i'm sorry, my justin?" i asked.

"yeah. i know you hate me, and i know i did you wrong, but i just thought i'd let you know." bryce told me.

"well thanks for letting me know." i told him. he stood there for a second before i spoke up. "you can go now."

he nodded. "see ya, 'round, kylie." he told me, walking out.

a few hours after i was discharged and rested, i stormed into clay and justin's room and justin was sitting in his bed on his phone. i walked up to him and took his phone from his hand.

"what the fuck, ky?" he asked me, trying to grab the phone.

"i don't need you to fight my fights for me, okay? i can take care of myself." i told him.

"what're you even talking about?" justin asked.

"bryce said you threatened him?"

"fuck me! i didn't. i just told him to leave you alone." justin replied.

"i don't need your protection. i don't need anything from anyone." i said to him.

"okay, i'm sorry." he told me.

i looked at him for a minute before getting on top of him and kissing him. he got up from slouching and began kissing me. he took off my shirt and then my pants and i unbuckled his belt. after he took off his pants, we heard the door unlock.

"shit, fuck! fuck, it's clay." justin said. we got up. "we gotta hide!" he said. i ran to the closet, justin following me.

"i'm hiding, you live here, go!" i exclaimed, quietly.

clay had finally walked in.

"why'd you lock the door?" clay asked as he unlocked it.

"um... i'm just... kind of in the middle of something." justin stammered. "what? everyone does it!" he exclaimed.

once i heard the door open and shut again, then i walked out.

"we need to stop nearly getting caught!" i quietly exclaimed, slapping his chest.

"does this mean we're back together?" he asked me.

"i, uh, i don't know yet, j." i replied, putting one of his shirts on and sitting on his bed.

"we made out, kylie. if clay hadn't come in, i'm sure we would have had sex. i don't make out like that with just anyone." he said to me.

"i need time. i need to think." i replied. he nodded.

"i respect that. i promise i'll be here no matter what." he told me, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

we were both quiet for a moment.

"i should probably get back." i said to him.

"tonight was the happiest i felt in a while." he said to me as i changed into my normal clothes.

"me too." i replied, smiling. i kissed his forehead, walked out and back into my room where everyone thought i was, and fell back asleep.