33

"so how was the appointment?" clay asked the next day, as we were hanging out at lunch.

"it was good." i said.

"i heard you two arguing last night." clay said.

"what did you hear?" i asked.

"the possibility of who's baby it really is." clay replied.

"fuck." i said. i looked down with tears in my eyes.

"y'know, it's okay if it's his. if justin really loves you, he wouldn't care regardless." clay spoke.

"i know, clay but i don't want it to be his." i told him.

"why?"

"because i have to tell him and i don't want to have to do that." i replied.

"what're you so afraid of?" clay asked.

"do you not understand? he hates me right now." i told him. "he wants nothing to do with me."

"talk to him the next time you see him." clay said. i rolled my eyes walked to our next class.

that's when i saw him. i walked up to him.

"zach? can we talk?" i asked.

"what do you want, kylie?" he asked me.

"i want to talk to you. in private." i said.

"why?" he asked. "so you can let me know how in love you and justin are?

"no, so i can tell you that this baby might be yours." i told him, looking down.

"fuck. seriously?" he asked.

"did you use a condom when we-"

"i don't know. how are you even assuming it's mine right now?" he asked.

"because i'm a few days ahead of what i should be. and we slept together a few days before." i told him.

"i-i don't know. i can't remember, kylie." he told me.

"okay, well if you can't remember, i am going to have to need to do a paternity test to find out. i want to be with justin but i'm not fucking this up." i told him.

"and if i'm the dad?" he asked.

"well then i need to figure shit out on my own for a bit." i said. "i shouldn't be with anyone and i'll tell justin the same thing."

"got it. thank you for telling me." he said to me. i nodded and walked away.

from: tyler's protective squad
<clay>: meeting at monet's after school.

<justin>: i'm there. i'm not working today so i should be there.

<alex>: 👍🏻

to: tyler's protective squad
got it. heading there right after my campaign strategy meeting.

i put my phone away and walked into my meeting only to see justin sitting there.

"what're you doing here?" i asked.

"i'm here to support you, ky." he told me.

"support me in what way?" i asked.

"your campaign." he told me.

"you said some pretty rude things to me after the appointment last night. i'm not just letting that go." i told him, remembering how last night went.

we walked into my room after the appointment.

"6 weeks?" justin asked. "i barely got home six weeks ago." he told me putting his things down.

"i don't know what you want me to say." i told him, putting my stuff down. "you abandoned me and i was with zach."

"and you didn't tell me that you had sex with him?" he asked. i turned around, angrily.

"i didn't think that mattered, justin! you were fucking gone! you broke up with me and left for five fucking months!" i exclaimed.

"yeah, kylie. it sort of does matter! if i'm gonna be raising a kid with you, i want it to be mine!" he shouted back. "i don't want to raise someone else's kid!"

"you sound like every single one of your mom's boyfriends that you told me you've never wanted to become." i said to him.

"don't fucking compare me to those douchebags. i'm nothing like them." he said, coming up close to me.

"if you're gonna hit me, justin, fucking do it. it's only a matter of time." i told him.

"i'm not going to hit you. i'm not montgomery." he said.

"well the way you're acting, you sound just like him." i told him.

"don't ever compare me to that douche." he told me. "and y'know what, kylie? i'm not even shocked anymore. because after knowing you for 4 fucking years, i realized that when you get sad or angry, you go to the closest guy and you let them fuck you. why? because you're a slut who's got daddy issues!" he finally shouted.

i was in shock that he'd even say that.

"fuck you, justin. we're done." i spat, tears brimming in my eyes.

"good. it was only a matter of time." he said, grabbing his things and walking to clay's room.

"i didn't mean it, kylie." he told me. "i was just heat of the moment mad."

"whatever." i told him.

"we say things that we mean when we're mad. and you meant that." i said. "i cried last night and you couldn't even come back in and apologize." i told him. "so like i said, fuck you. we're over."

"come on, kylie. please give me a second chance." he said.

"as if i haven't given you plenty of those, justin." i told him, getting my things in order.

"we're having a baby for christ sake." he said.

"but you don't think it's yours?" i told him.

"thinking back to that night, zach wore a fucking condom. his mom knew we were having sex, so she bought him condoms that were used that night." i said. "so that solves the mystery."

"so it is mine?" he asked.

"i just said that, didn't i?" i told him. i saw ani in the doorway. i looked back at justin. "we'll talk about this later. i have a meeting right now." i said. justin kissed my forehead and walked out.

"everything okay?" ani asked.

"yeah! let's just get this meeting started." i told her.