18

"so what you're telling me, is that you found justin, and he's doing drugs?" i asked.

"yeah. pretty much." tony said.

"tony, i want you to hear me when i say this." i said. "he left me when i was going through the whole bryce situation. he decided it was too hard for him to be there for me when i've been there for him time and time again." i said. "so you can tell him to go to hell." i said, walking away from him.

"ky." i heard justin say. i turned around and saw him with track marks on his arms and he just looked like shit.

"you're fucking pathetic, justin." i told him, scoffing and walking away.

"kylie!" he exclaimed, trying to come after me.

"what, justin?" i asked him. "what do you want? what could you possibly want?"

"i had to leave. i couldn't face the fact that i couldn't help you after bryce did what he did. you have to understand that." he told me.

"no, i don't understand. i was afraid he got me pregnant. thank god he didn't. i was still reeling from having my fucking dignity taken from me. i was still mourning the fact that i would never be the same person again. i needed you to be there for me. i needed you to hold me and let me know everything would be okay. you didn't. you failed at that. you took off and chose to do drugs. so don't say you tried to be there for me when all you did was leave me when shit got hard." i said to him.

"kylie. i love you." justin told me.

"no, justin. i'm done. if you can't clean up your act, we're done for good." i said. "thanks for bringing me here, clay, but i've got to go." i said, still looking at justin. i walked out and clay shut the door behind him.

"where are you going?" clay asked.

"i'm hanging out with zach." i said.

"kylie-"

"no, clay. i have been through so much since justin has been gone." i told him. "why do i need to get held back by someone who doesn't give a shit about me?" i asked.

"he-he does care. it's all he ever talks about." he told me.

"clay. you can't be seriously trying to get him back with me are you?" i asked. "you were with me for the first three months helping me deal with him before i got together with zach. zach's helping me get through all of this now."

"he's going to get better." clay said.

"he's never going to get better, clay. he's a drug addict. he's 17." i told him. "my parents started when they were 17 and look at how they ended up! my dad died when he was 23 and my mom is in jail." i said to him. "you can't depend on people like justin, clay." he just looked at me. i sighed. "look, i've gotta go." i told him. "i'll be back in a few hours."