50

justin, clay, and i were all particularly high strung today since we found out clay was named a person of interest. i was walking to my class when i ran into justin.

"we haven't talked much." he said to me.

"yeah, i know." i said, looking down.

"alex really fucked shit up for you. so, transitively, i fucked shit up for you." justin said to me.

"it's not your fault." i replied.

"it fucking feels like it." he told me. "all i do is mess up your life." he said.

"i'm the hypocrite. not you." i told him, looking around.

"ky, i don't want this to be over." justin said to me.

"i don't either." i said, getting teary eyed.

"okay, so maybe we just... go back on the down-low, only hang out at home till all this settles?" he asked me.

"no. no, i'm supposed to be living my truth, right? well the truth is, i love your lame-ass, justin foley. i love you and i love our family." i said to him.

"people are gonna talk about us." he said to me.

"people always talk about us." i replied.

"fuck 'em." he said, kissing me in the hallway.

later that night, justin and i were in my room cuddling as the baby was asleep.

"come here." justin said, kissing me. he got on top of me as i smiled and kissed back.

in the morning, i was awaken by analeia crying. it was six in the morning so i woke justin up and he got ready as i got the baby ready. when he was done getting ready, he hung out with ana and i got ready. when we were done getting ready, i handed her to lanie and we went to school.

when i saw him in between classes, i hugged him and he was very standoffish.

"woah, what's wrong?" i asked him.

"leave me alone, ky, alright?" he asked.

"no, justin, what the fuck?" i asked him as we walked down the hall.

"i don't— you shouldn't love me." he said to me, looking down.

"what the fuck is that supposed to mean, j?" i asked. "why the fuck not?"

"because i'm bad for you, kylie!" he told me, walking away.

"what? what are you even saying right now?" i asked him, teary eyed. "talk to me, what's going on?"

"i cheated on you." he said, looking down.

"what?"

"i said i cheated on you!" he said, louder.

"i don't believe you." i said, shaking my head.

"okay, well, it's true. you should." justin told me, also getting teary eyed.

"when?" i asked. "when did this happen?" i asked.

"homecoming night. you tried to call me, that's where i was. i was with some other girl." he replied.

"so while i was calling you, in labor with our daughter, you were fucking some other girl?" i asked him.

"yeah, kylie. yeah, i fucking was!" he replied.

"who?" i asked.

"kylie, it doesn't matter. you just shouldn't be with me, okay? it's fucking over." he said, walking away.