23

"clay, what the fuck happened to you?" i asked getting up and looking at his face.

"bryce and your ex boyfriend happened." he said. "they jumped me in the locker room."

"those fucking-" i said, about to walk out.

"no, ky. you're not going to do anything to them. they'll just hurt you and they can't do that." he told me.

"so you're not going to let me defend you now? i spent four years being abused by montgomery. i was able to take it then, i can take it now if i have to." i told him.

"kylie!" clay exclaimed. "you can't!" he told me.

"at least let me help you out." i said. "take off your shirt and go to the table." i told him. he took off his shirt and he grabbed ice out of the fridge to put on his head.

"so you and justin, are you good?" he asked me.

"i think so. i'm pretty sure that justin and i are fine. we're back together. he hasn't responded to any of my texts, but i know that he's okay." i told him, cleaning up his cuts and examining his bruises.

"thank you for doing this." he told me.

"you have done so much for me, this is the least that i can do." i told him.

"i'm gonna go to my room." clay said, getting up and walking upstairs.

when he walked out, i went over to where monty stayed when his dad beat him. luckily, he was there. and i knew he wouldn't be a dick because nobody was around. that's when he could be who he really was.

"kylie. welcome to the hobo hotel." he said to me. "haven't seen you here in a while."

"why'd you do it?" i asked him.

"do what?" he asked me.

"you beat the shit out of clay with the other guys. why, monty?" i asked.

"he fucking deserves it after the shit he did to bryce." monty said.

"montgomery, what does bryce have on you? why do you feel the need to be so loyal to him? even when we were together, you still always chose him over me." i said.

"he's my best friend. i owe him my life." monty said.

"mon, when are you going to learn that bryce doesn't have friends? he has minions who thinks he walks on water and would kill for him." i said. "he's not worth it." i told him, walking towards him.

"i have nobody, kylie. bryce was there when i had nobody." monty said to me.

"you know that used to be justin. then bryce raped jessica. the only difference between you and justin, is that justin dropped bryce when he raped jessica. you still continued to follow him around even after what he did to me in the clubhouse while you and i were together. a few weeks after i told you, you cheated on me with some slut instead of helping me deal with it." i said to him. "bryce raped me twice. both times i've dealt with it by myself." i told monty. "my point is, bryce doesn't care about anybody but bryce and you deserve better than that, mon."

"you don't know what you're talking about. bryce told me that he never touched you in that clubhouse." monty said, becoming angry. i was always the only one who could calm him down.

"he lied to you. i have medical records to prove it." i said. "you need to open your eyes. bryce doesn't care about you." he was silent for a second.

"i heard you and foley are back together." he told me. i sat down next to him.

"yeah. we are." there was more silence. "i'm sorry about how we fell off, monty. you know that i'm always going to have love for you regardless of what happened in our relationship." i said to him.

"you were my first." he said.

"mine too." i told him. "where was it again?" i asked.

"here. we came here for a date on our one year anniversary and we ended up having sex on some blanket i found in my room." he told me.

"god, we were 13?" i asked. he chuckled and looked down.

"i'm sorry for how i treated you. you didn't deserve that." he told me, looking down.

"we can't change the past, monty. we can only change the future. you still have time to do that." i told him. "it's getting dark. i should get home. stay safe, montgomery." i said, walking home.