41

"okay, everyone, listen up. game's over. you're all free to leave once a legal guardian comes to claim you. sign outs are with me." he began. as i was sitting down, i felt a small contraction and i held my stomach. "not now." i whispered.

"if you engage in any further fighting, you will be arrested." another cop said to us. while i waited for clay's mom to come and get me, i called clay.

"come on, clay. pick up." i whispered to myself.

i saw clay's mom and i hung up the phone. we got into her car and drove off.

"what happened?" she asked me, driving. "i saw a torn up letter in the trash can and justin said you two got into a fight?" she asked. "and you broke up with him?"

"he went to go see my mom and told her what was going on in my life." i replied. "i don't talk about her for a reason. i never want to see her again for a reason. now she wants me to live with her when she gets out because she's been clean for ten years. i don't want to live with her. i don't want to raise my baby around her." i said to lanie. "justin overstepped. i don't have to explain myself to him. so it's done."

"i think he was trying to help the way he knows how. he doesn't know any better."

"he's 17. he does know better. i've told him that i want nothing to do with her. i've told him everything that woman put me through." i ranted. "and for him to betray that? him of all people?" i asked, crying. "i really thought i could trust him."

"well just give it time and i'm sure he'll make it up to you." lanie told me. "i know that justin means well. he really does."

"he should have thought of that before delving into my personal life." i replied, looking out the window.

we got out of the car and i walked into my room.

i turned on my phone and left justin message after message, waiting for him to reply. he never did. eventually i just decided to lay down until i called alex.

"hello?" alex asked.

"hi, uh, can you sneak out right now?" i asked him.

"y-yeah, of course." he replied. i waited several minutes before he got there. i snuck out of my room and got into alex's car.

"is everything okay?" he asked me.

"um, no. not really." i replied with tears in my eyes. "because i'm about to have a baby and i don't have justin like we fucking planned." i said, crying.

"things don't always go according to plan. i know that's not something you wanna hear, but believe me. i know better than most people."

"can we go somewhere?" i asked.

"sure, where?" he asked.

"navy pier." i replied. "bryce has something to give me but i don't want to go by myself."

"of course i'll go with you." he said, grabbing my hand.

we drove until we arrived at the pier. alex got out ahead of me and when i finally decided to get out, i exhaled, got out of the car, and walked up to bryce and alex.

"why are you here?" bryce asked alex. i walked up to them and saw how beaten up bryce was. it must've been zach after what happened at the game.

"he's with me." i replied.

"hey, kylie. you came." bryce said to me.

"yep." i told him. "so what did you wanna give me?" i asked.

"i made you a tape." he groaned.

"is that some stupid fucking joke?" i asked, crossing my arms.