31

"this is the first dance i haven't DJ'd in two years." tony said, as we walked toward the school.

"really?" i asked, looking at him, keeping a hold of justin's hand.

"so now you get to dance." clay said.

"dude, people become DJs so they don't have to dance." tony said. i let go of justin's hand, went toward tony, and wrapped my arm around him.

"oh, come on, tony! don't do this to me! you know i love to dance!" i told him.

"you're half cuban. so obviously you like dancing." tony told me.

"my being cuban has nothing to do with my love of dancing. i was in cheer from 9 to 15 years old. i know a thing or two." i told him, showing him a dance move.

"damn, girl. save it for inside." tony told me.

we walked inside with the music blaring and all of the people dancing with their friends and significant others.

"you ready for all of this?" justin asked me, showing off a really bad move.

"no, oh my god never do that again, justin." i said, laughing. we went and sat down. zach sat next to us.

"you and hannah would have been really good together." justin told zach. "just saying."

"if i didn't fuck it up like i fuck everything else up."

"dude, you do not wanna be having that contest with us." i told him, laughing.

"i'm really sorry you couldn't talk to me. i'm sorry that i wasn't there." justin said.

clay came up to us.

"hey guys, come on!" he told us. there was silence. "if jeff atkins were here, he'd say 'get your asses up and come on'." clay told us. i smiled and got up. i threw a pillow at the guys.

"guys come on! if the pregnant chick can do it, so can you guys!" i exclaimed, laughing. they got up.

we started jumping and dancing like crazy. when the song ended, justin and i went to get water. i was standing next to him when bryce walked up to us. i grabbed justin's hand and held it. of course bryce had his whiskey. how he snuck it in? hell if i know.

"you guys want a real drink?" bryce asked.

"no thanks, i'm good." justin said.

"you?" bryce asked me.

"she can't drink. don't offer her shit." justin said to him.

"oh that's right! you knocked queen bee here up!" he said, laughing. justin just looked at him. "bound to get knocked up sooner or later. i'm surprised you didn't get pregnant from fucking atkins."

"you have no right to talk about jeff to me." i told him, angrily pointing my finger at him.

"kylie, stop. it's okay." justin said.

"no it's fucking not, justin." i said. i looked at bryce. "you were never a good friend to him. all you did was treat him like garbage up until the moment he died. so you never have the right to talk about him. the next time you speak about him, good or bad, i'll fucking deck you, got it?" i said.

"deck me and you'll lose everything. the boyfriend, the baby, the friends. because this shit is a two way street, kylie." bryce said, walking away. i shook my head.

"i'm gonna use the bathroom, babe." justin told me. i nodded and walked over to clay. we were at the photobooth when suddenly...

"oh no." i whispered. clay walked to the middle of the dance floor alone. i looked at tony and he came toward us. we all one by one began to hug him and cry as the song played.