21

i hadn't talked to zach since i found out that he and hannah had an entire summer fling and wasn't honest about it when we were talking about who we've been with. even though we had sex a few days ago, i just didn't want to talk to him. i changed into the outfit that i was wearing today. i walked out to eat breakfast when i ran into clay and justin. i let both of them pass me.

"are you still pissed at me?" justin asked. i just ignored him.

"dude, just leave her alone." clay said. i got a text from zach.

from: zachy 💗
hey, bubba. everything okay?

to: zachy 💗
sure.

from: zachy 💗
are you still not talking to me? i'm sorry that i didn't tell you about hannah. i wanted to respect her enough not to say anything.

to: zachy 💗
imagine how stupid i feel for telling you about monty, about jeff, and about justin, all while you're convincing me that you're a virgin. you don't fucking understand how upset i was when you told me that and when i went to support you on your day of court, you tell everyone there that you and hannah were fucking ALL SUMMER. i come back to school, and everyone is staring at me. even fucking bryce told me that i was sharing sloppy seconds with a dead girl. i can't continue to do this if you're not going to be honest with me.

from: zachy 💗
babe, i'm being honest with you. i didn't want you to know about hannah because i knew she was your best friend. i didn't want to ruin our relationship. i wanted it to be good. i wanted us to be okay. and bryce? he's just fucking around. he does that a lot.

to: zachy 💗
now you're protecting bryce? the guy who RAPED me? why are you still best friends with him, knowing what he did to your girlfriend? this is exactly why i don't speak to justin anymore. he continued to lie and protect 'his boy' after i told him about what he did to me. if YOU'RE going to do that to me, then i'm done. we're done, zach. i'll see you later.

zachy 💗 changed to zach

from: zach
baby, i'm sorry.
read @ 9:38 am

i finished texting and ate my breakfast. justin was staring at me the whole time. i finished my plate and got into the car with clay, who was taking me and justin to school. unsurprisingly, the whole ride was quiet. we finally got to the school and everyone was staring at us.

"why is everyone staring?" i asked clay. we got into the school. sheri came up to us.

"clay, justin, we need to have a meeting." she said.

"what about?" justin asked.

"the tapes. they got leaked." she said to them.

"what tapes, guys? someone help me out here." i said to justin and clay.

"oh shit." justin said.

"i don't know what the fuck is happening, so i'll see you guys later." i said, walking to class. when i got into class, i sat down and everyone was still whispering about me.

"do you even know what's happening?" one girl asked me.

"no, i don't. what's happening?" i asked.

"these tapes by hannah were let out last night and there's one about bryce raping you. is that true?" she asked.

"what the fuck?" i asked. i got up and walked out. i saw clay.

"clay, what the fuck is everyone talking about with these tapes?" i asked.

"i, um, i sent out these tapes that hannah made before she died." clay said. i pushed him.

"are you dumb?" i asked him. "someone just told me that hannah calls me out by name on bryce's tape. how could you do that to me, clay? i wasn't ready yet."

"kylie-"

"no, you know what? just leave me alone." i said, walking into the bathroom.

i got a text from alex.

from: alex standall
you need to come back to clay's house now.

to: alex standall
why?

from: alex standall
justin almost OD'd. you need to come now.

i rushed out of the bathroom and ran all the way home, not caring about what was happening around me.