"Apparently, they have been sent off to some country to study," Elise yawned. "I can't believe I went to school early for this. I was planning to have a quick dance routine in the practice room," she added.

Sue laughed then whispered to me, "She's been fussing since we arrived here."

I tapped Elise's right arm and she inclined her head on my shoulders. I looked in front.

Some teachers are walking up the stage. Then the Mrs. Myers spoke again.

"While we are waiting, I have to remind you that the official letter permitting the clubs to practice from 3pm to 8pm, and on Saturdays have been signed, to take effect on Monday next week." Many clapped to this, some groaned, for it means double or even triple amount of effort to juggle academics and club work at the same time. Mostly, it was the seniors who look tired already. But not me. I am so excited for this event.

"Who are we waiting for?" Sue asked, looking around. "The whole school is here, I can see. Even the student council is complete."

I followed her eyes and saw twelve students with similar gleaming badges pinned to the left of their chest. The student council officers, and in front is the grumpy looking Pres. Rameses. I diverted my eyes from him and looked for another face.

Until it hit me.

Why am I looking for JK? Oh my god, Rose no. You told yourself you should stop fancying that cold-hearted, unfriendly---

But then I saw JK Alison sitting at the right end row, just opposite me. He is seated as per usual, with the blonde Jim Inocencio. I haven't recognized him yesterday, his hair was dark brown just a week ago.

My eyes met Jim's and he waved. I immediately looked up the stage.

"What?" Elise noticed.

"Nothing," I said, focusing with Mrs. Myers.

"Good morning again, students. I know you are curious about why we are gathered here unannounced today, well," Mrs. Myers beamed, looking like a proud mom, "it is because we would welcome and award the school medal of valor--(to this, the crowd started to whisper. The medal of valor is only awarded to the most outstanding student who have given a very impressive achievement to the school.)--to our two students--(the whispering grew louder this time. "Two students?!" Sue gasped beside me.)--QUIET PLEASE!"

The hall went still. Mrs. Myers nodded, "Mr. Edward, the medals,if you please?" The school vice principal brought two glass boxes, inside each a magnificent gold medal inscribed with the school seal. What makes this medal special is that it is handmade by the school goldsmith alumni, Geoff Astude, who is very popular with his craft worldwide. What comes with this award is an inclusion in the school's Walk of Fame--an area along the school front quadrangle in which the awardee's shoeprints will be embedded, with their names and craft in gold plate.

"I'm jealous," Elise said. The Walk of Fame is her ultimate dream.

Mrs. Myers took the medals, "Everyone, let us all give a round of applause to Mr. Vaness Tayshaun Richardson and Miss Jennie Kimberly Riviera of the fashion design department who have studied in France for one year, undergoing training in prodessional modelling and have been the country's representative in the 2019 PRIMA Fashion Show in Paris."

The hall boomed with applause, as two students walk up to Mrs. Myers.

"I bumped into her!" I told Sue and Elise when I saw the same girl from a while ago. That's why she's familiar! Jennie had changed a lot since I saw her last year. She looks very, very classy and pretty even in her uniform.

"Van looks dazzling as ever," Sue said, clapping still. True enough, ever since I saw Vaness Richardson in the freshman year, he already have that incredible visual. He's always been scouted as magazine cover model, and I heard many entertainment agencies have been scouting him. He and Jennie are this school's king and queen bee.