Chapter 53. Apostle of the Phoenix VS. Sword Master

Aurora and Sword Master walked out onto an open dark grassy field and stood about fifteen meters from each other.

"I hear that you are training with an ax," the Sword Master spoke out, "Are you not going to use it?"

"I will but only if you use your sword," Aurora replied as she kept her eyes on the sheathed sword that was hanging on the sword master's black leather belt.

"Haha! You aren't worthy enough for me to unsheathe my sword. You must prove your worth," he arrogantly replied as he laughed at Aurora.

"Let's begin then, I won't use my ax yet as well then," Aurora casually replied as she got into a battle stance.

"You are courting your own death!" The swords master roared as he charged forward gathering his emission realm energy on his arm to create an overpowered strike to begin the fight.

Seeing this, Aurora immediately responded by gathering her aura on her arm as she prepared to cancel out the sword master's attack.

"Take this!" he roared as he punched forward and Aurora responded with the same move and a tornado of dust formed around them as cracks appeared on the ground.

As the dust cleared, the crowd saw Aurora and the Sword Master standing hand to hand as both cultivator's punching power was equalized.

"Amazing! How did she do it?"

"Isn't she a whole stage under the sword master?"

Whispers immediately broke out as the spectating rankers watched in full interest and were in confusion of how Aurora had managed that.

"Tch!" the sword master's expression got slightly angry as he had realized that he might have underestimated his opponent. "How stupid of me. I have underestimated you. Be prepared, my next attack will not be that easy to cancel out!" he warned as the aura around him began to change and visible electric blue chains of sparks appeared encircling around his body as a large amount of violent electricity appeared on his right arm.

Bzz! Bzz! Crackle!

"Hehehe! It's not so nice now is it? This is a black ranked lightning art called the Broken Flowing Blitz" he arrogantly spoke as he looked at Aurora, expecting her to see a feared expression on her face.

"Now that's more like it, but you still haven't unsheathed your sword yet," Aurora's somewhat slightly disappointed voice sounded out from the other end.

"But it looks like I have to reply as well," Aurora spoke as she let out a heavy sigh and formed a fresh brown wooden axe on her hand.

"Haha! Are you already using your axe? It's alright to be scared," the sword master mockingly laughed as he thought that Aurora was now running out of cards to play.

"Come and see," Aurora spoke as she took yet another battle stance as she prepared her axe to receive the sword master's black ranked art.

Crackle swoosh!

The sword master dashed forward, leaving an afterimage as he quickly approached Aurora.

"Take this! Broken Flowing Blitz!" he screamed as he punched out and a large electric ray of bright blue lightning attacked Aurora.

Aurora did not say anything, instead, she walked forward, brought up her axe and struck the ground. Immediately, a large mud wall appeared taking all of the damage of the black ranked art.

Boom!

A large crackling boom resounded as a small crater around ten meters formed.

Crack!