Chapter 42. Sect Leader's guests

Back at the sect, a heavily injured Drexler was recuperating in his house not far from the sect hall. His body was heavily bandaged with a heavy scent of herbs and medicine and he laid in a large bed and was being tended to by a young female maid who was quietly standing on the side of the bed waiting for his orders.

"Ugh! Damn it! If only those stupid sect leaders were stronger, then I wouldn't have ended up in this stupid state. I swear to get my revenge on those three idiots!" Drexler cursed as he moved his hand with great difficulty.

"Young master, please calm yourself," the sect leader's voice sounded from outside the previously quiet house.

"Just the person I wanted to see, sect leader I wanted to talk to you. Why did you let those people go? Don't you know that the existence of your sect depends on my words?"

"Indeed I know. But young master, the situation was not favorable for us. The boy you fought had the strength that could fight against condensing realms while he was a gathering realm cultivator. Their backgrounds must not be simple. And along with that when that lady suddenly appeared, she unexpectedly had the strength of a refinement realm expert. They had the ability to hurt our sect on a massive scale. As sect leader, I couldn't afford to risk the lives of my disciples over a fight," the sect leader spoke as he gave an apologetic bow.

"Useless! I am tired of having useless people around!"

"I will take my leave," the sect leader spoke and walked out of the house.

'I'm getting a very bad feeling. Because of a noble, our sect is facing destruction. I hope he will uphold his end of the dead and fulfill it,' he thought.

"Sect master!" a hurried voice called out and a middle aged man appeared, running at full pace towards the sect elder.

"What is it!? I'm in a very bad mood right now. Your news better be useful,"the sect leader spoke coldly.

The man shook from fear for a moment and immediately started speaking without hesitation, "I have heard from our scouts. The previous attackers are charging back towards the sect."

"What!? How many?" the sect leader immediately panicked.

"There are around fifteen people sir. Most of them are at refinement realm."

"Sigh. My worst fear has come true. We are really in a pickle now," the sect leader hopelessly spoke .

"Do you have any orders for the sect sir?" the man asked cautiously.

"Inform all the elders and grand elders. Keep them on alert. I will try and negotiate with them. We must try our best and solve this issue as peacefully as possible."

"I see. I will take my leave and immediately inform the sect officials," the man spoke and left quickly.

*sigh*

...

"We are nearly there, Leo," Aurora informed.

"Hey, Leo. Is it ok for you to let off the scouts?" the squad leader asked.

"Haha. It's fine. There won't be any problems. It's better if they know about it," Leo replied quite lazily.

"Look! We're here!" Rema spoke out while pointing towards the golden wrath sect.

In the close distance, a small settlement could be seen. Tall towering stone walls surrounded the border of the sect. And the entrance was guarded by two towers and behemoth stone reinforced wooden gates that seemed to be able to stop anything. However the gates were now open, and a middle aged man with an average face and majestic clothes could be seen. He seemed like he was waiting for the group to arrive.

"Greetings, dear cultivators. I am Nehuy Tan. I am the sect leader of the heavens wrath sect. I welcome you. Please follow me inside for a drink," after giving his greetings, the sect leader walked over to Aurora and apologized, "Madam, about the previous situation. I apologize for it. Please do not take it to heart. I was blinded by my own greed. I'm very sorry about it!"

"It's fine. I accept your apology," Aurora replied warmly, she now saw the sect leader in a different light. He looked like he was blinded by greed before but it seems that he had recognized his mistakes.

"Now that that's over with. Let me begin. Sect leader Nehuy, we are here to negotiate with you," Leo spoke in a slightly happy tone.

"Great! I am also here to negotiate. Well then, if you would please follow me. I shall take you to my sect hall. All the sect elder's and officials will be present. If we want to hold a negotiation then I suggest that there would be the best place," Nehuy spoke as he gestured for them to walk in a certain direction.

"Well then, please lead the way," Leo gladly replied and the group began to walk through the sect, passing the streets which were filled with passing sect disciples. Upon seeing the group, the disciples couldn't help but silence whisper among themselves.

"Oh my goodness. Look how beautiful that girl is... She is like a goddess"

"Are my eyes deceiving me? How can a man be so handsome?"

"Shush! They are being led by the sect leader. If they hear you then you might get in trouble for it."

"Oh my. He just looked at me, ahhh"

.......

Nehuy led the group across a series of well built brick streets and took a few simple turns on the road and eventually they stopped upon a grand palace that was similar to the palace back in the Aranea sect. The only difference between them was that the palace here was more grand and gave a more majestic air. Even the spiritual energy here was more dense and abundant compared to the outside world.

"Respected guests! We are here! Please follow me inside," the sect leader spoke as he gestured for them to come inside. And they began walking through a long hallway that was decorated with some plants and vases on counters and golden painted walls and at the end was a pair of majestic black double doors.

"Dear guests. Please enter," Nehuy gestured as he pushed the doors open.