Chapter 29. Nine years

Nine extremely uneventful years passed, in the Decan clan, there was a large lake and in the middle of the calm serene lake was a house that was connected to the shore by a bridge. On the shore was a young boy and a small child.

The boy was wearing a simple black shirt and loose white pants. But that did not stop him from looking like a prince. His outstanding clear and beautiful golden eyes were observing the world as his bold brown hair fluttered in the wind.

The small child wore a yellow shirt and black pants. And just like the young boy in front of him, he was also outstandingly handsome. He had clear electric yellow eyes that were fully concentrated on the young boy's hands. What was unusual about this boy was his hair, he had beautiful brown hair but there was a section on the left side of his head that had red hair.

The boy placed his hand on the water surface and then sent a wave of energy into the lake which caused calm ripples in the water. As he raised his hand, he had a ball of water on his hand. He then started waving both his arms and the water slowly started changing forms and even took the shape of different objects.

After playing around with it, he suddenly pushed his hands out and a fire, a cloud of wind, a ball of lightning and a wall of dirt appeared.

"Leo!" a voice called out from far behind him.

Immediately, the weird scene in front of Leo calmed down as he lowered his arms and everything turned to normal.

A young girl came out of the thick array of trees. She was extremely beautiful with a face that could topple empires. If any man were to see her, they would have fallen for her at first sight. She was wearing a comfortable pink full-sleeve shirt and a dark blue skirt.

"Aurie, hello. How's your training going? Have you got your doctor skills up to stage 4 yet?" asked Leo.

"Not yet, I still feel like I'm missing a little part of it. Hey Lex, how's your training going?" asked Aurora.

"Not sad, sister Aurie. I've broken through to middle gathering realm. It's slowly improving. Brother has been teaching me his jutsus and I'm trying to learn them right now, he keeps telling me to strengthen my foundation" replied Lex as he sheepishly smiled.

"Jutsus? That sounds fun. I should join in. It's quite boring having to study medicine. Let's practice," suggested Aurora.

"Oh heck no! Why would I try to fight someone at emission realm when I am just at gathering realm? I'm not stupid," Lex spoke shakily.

"Hehe, I'm just joking. But if you want to then I don't mind. I'll lower myself to your level."

"Haha. That won't work Aurie, although Lex is only at gathering, he can fight people from manipulation and probably escape from a peak manipulation expert," commented Leo.

Hearing this, Aurora did a facepalm as she could not believe her stupidity, "Of-course, why did I think that Lex would be a normal cultivator."

"Anyways, I've brought some food. You guys should take a break, let's eat together," said Aurora as she revealed a large picnic basket in her hand.

"Sister Aurie is the best. I've been starving the whole time," said Leo as he immediately took the basket and started opening it on the shore.

"Aurora, are you close to breaking through to middle emission realm?" asked Leo.

"About that... I need a little help on that, I think one of my energy pathways is a little clogged, so I don't have full confidence to attempt my breakthrough," replied Aurora.

"Oh, ok then. After we eat we can fix it," Leo spoke with a relieved tone and he continued, "We have about a month before we leave the clan. How are you feeling? What would you like to do next?"

"I'm glad that we are leaving. I think that we should head go and travel the world, I want to go and explore the world. But before that, I want to go and see the battlefield, I want to go and end the war," said Aurora with a serious expression.

"Interesting... I don't think we can go to the battlefield. But we can go to a village that is close to the warzone. We should also go and pay a visit to Mino. I want Lex to pay his respects to our parents," replied Leo as he quietly spoke.

"Ok let's do that," said Aurora as she took Leo's hand and started dragging him towards Lex and they all began eating.

These past nine years Leo had grown a lot. His cultivation reached peak emission realm and was about to soon break through to refinement energy realm. He had mainly concentrated on jutsus these years and managed to make 15 of them. These years had got him closer to opening the second door. He was getting closer to meeting all the requirements:

Requirements:

Killing aura control: Able to hide it from children(met)

Jutsus learned(15/14)

Arts learned(9/14)

Bloodline inherited(not met)

Custom fusion art created(not met)

Custom art created(7/3)

Emission realm cultivation(met)

It had turned out that jutsus were like arts but what set them apart was that they could be directly manipulated without any need for Leo to charge up energy inside himself. It also seemed like these jutsus depended on his primary talents to determine their strength and each usage would use up a certain amount of his soul energy.

On the other hand, he did not learn much arts these years as the Decan clan did not have many arts in their arsenal. But they did have four main black ranked arts that were learned by Leo. He also managed to achieve complete mastery in all of them, including the Nether God's Nihility fist and managed to get some of them to low purple rank. If these books were to be exposed to the world then it would cause a huge uproar in Sapphire city. Purple books were extremely rare in Sapphire city, it was like trying to find a needle in a haystack. And it was not without meaning, the power that a purple art could bring was immense. If it was a one on ten battle, the power of a purple ranked art would mean instant defeat for the ten men, this was presuming they all had the same cultivation.

There was indeed a purple ranked book that the Decan clan was in possession of and it was solely because of this art, that they could get the top spot in Sapphire city. But ever, Leo and Aurora were not taught this as the clan did not think of them as true clansmen. This didn't really affect Leo much as he managed to upgrade four Aranea Sect arts that he had originally upgraded to be improved to low purple realm. He also decided to rename them as he thought that it did not suit then, spider slash now became silent spider slash, spider's poison web became spider's destruction poison, and finally, spider's eight leg movement became acute spider's stalk. Each art had become a silent and sneaky assassin-like. He taught these arts to both Lex and Aurora along with the jutsus that he had learned. He was very glad about what he had done in these past few years as he now had the power to overturn the clan and to easily defeat his grandfather if he wanted to.

Along with that, he had been working a lot on sword mastery. He had been practicing countless times with earth and with his ability to manipulate earth, he could easily form swords and practiced using them and gained a simple grasp of it. However, he did not learn any techniques for the sword as he did not have a sword teacher.

Along with that, he was constantly training Lex. And not to say the least, he was extremely happy with Lex's progress. Leo gave Lex talent that was lower than Aurora to start with. As he wanted his brother to learn good morals and not become a haughty and arrogant character. However, every time Lex got a year older, Leo would improve his talent so that he would not lag behind them in strength and become a hindrance.