Chapter 25. Broken records

The time had come. The adults and teenagers had come bustling in on the arena stand as they sat in their own respected seats.

A pair of two old fifty-year-old men had come into the arena from the entrance. They wore loose white robes and had extremely long beards. The walked in and they stopped in front of the veiled machine and spoke out:

"Everybody please listen up! Today you are all here for the element affinities ceremony. You have all been added to a list and you will be called up in this order. Anyone who did not sign up will get to do so in the end. If your name was called and you did not come then you will be left out from this ceremony. This is a large magical crystal that was created by a stage four blacksmith. So you can rest your worries as the result of this machine will always be accurate."

After that, they unveiled the curtain showing the crowd the smooth beautiful ethereal colorless crystal.

"Ok, listen up. We are going to get straight into this. When your name is called, please lay your hands on the crystal and concentrate on the crystal. Okay, first up we are going to start with the Velca clan. Draco Velca, come up!" said the man as he called out.

A young child stood up and walked across to the machine and placed his hands on the crystal. After ten seconds, the crystal began to glow blue and a few seconds later, eight rings appeared around the crystal and the officiator began to confirm the results.

"Eight ringed blue affinity!"

Hearing this the boy was quite downcast as it seemed that he had higher hopes for himself. But having already tested it, he could not do anything except walking back with his head down as if he was embarrassed.

Then after that, a bunch of other kids came up, only to be disappointed by their results.

"Seven ringed bronze affinity!"

"Six ringed blue affinity!"

"Seven ringed bronze affinity!"

"Two ringed silver affinity!"

The deadlock of constant blue and bronze grade affinities was broken by a small boy with luxurious clothing. The crowd was really impressed as they started talking about it over themselves.

Through the next hour, countless people went up, only to return with their heads down as each had high hopes that were inevitably crushed by the truth revealed in the crystal. A total of six clans had been tested and each had their own talents and they all had a grade of silver. A new child from the Narra clan came up and everyone's eyes were on him. Leo could see that the Narra clan's head was paying particular attention.

"Six ringed silver affinity!"

And at the clan head seatings, every clan leader congratulated the boy's father as they headed.

"Looks like the Narra clan is going to have a new talent this year."

The talent of the silver grade was a large ray of hope for a clan. Until now, the highest talent they had seen was a bunch of four-ringed silver grades. This meant that the child had a lot of potential and would be very compatible with the attribute and have an easier time mastering it.

"That concludes the Narra clan. Now we have the Weaver clan. Wallace Weaver! Come on up!"

Hearing the name being called, Leo and Aurora looked towards the middle. Wallace came forward and walked to the crystal confidently and as he arrived, his eye spanned across the crowd and found Leo and Aurora after a few seconds. He gave them a 'watch this' expression and placed his hands on the crystal and focused his attention on the crystal.

A long vibration of the crystal followed and a huge vibrant glow appeared on the crystal.

"My god, this is the brightest the crystal has glowed! It seems the weaver clan has found the best seed in the ceremony so far."

After thirty seconds the voice of the officiator sounded as he proclaimed Wallace's results, " Two ringed gold affinity!"

"What!!!"

"My goodness! This is amazing!"

"How is this possible."

"This is the first time in a hundred years that we have had someone with a gold affinity. Amazing!"

The crowd broke out in amazement as their eyes were staring at the proud boy and the crystal in shock.

Meanwhile, in the leader's room, the Weaver clan head had a huge big smile on his face while the rest of the clan leaders started congratulating him. However, deep inside, they all knew what this meant, the Weaver clan would come out on top currently and this could disturb the initial order of the clans in Sapphire City.

"Haha, I knew it. I alone am the most talented in this generation," Wallace spoke out in pride as he turned towards Aurora and continued, "little angel, how about it? You think you have a chance at beating me?"

"You find out soon, I am yet to be tested," replied Aurora cheekily.

"Hmm, I wonder most clans have gone up already, which clan might you two be from?" asked Wallace as he thought deeply.

However, to his disappointment, he was left with a single word from Aurora, "surprise."

The results of this kid had surprised Aurora. She had not expected this arrogant child would be this talented. It had shaken her confidence quite a bit but she was suddenly comforted by a hand on her shoulder. As she turned she saw Leo giving her a confident reassuring nod and that gave her all the confidence she needed.

"Eight ringed silver affinity"

"Four ringed silver affinity"

"Nine ringed silver affinity"

...

Countless minutes passed and it eventually became the Decan Clan's turn and the clan head's son, Abra came up first to be tested from the clan.

He was dressed quite simply, he wore a simple yet majestic white robe and walked in a non-hurried pace towards the crystal.

He repeated the same process that the others did and the crystal suddenly glowed with another sudden bright glow that was similar to Wallace's.

"One ringed gold affinity!"

That crowd broke out in shock and amazement as they all had their eyes frozen on the little child. The appearance of a single gold grade affinity had broken the previous record of the last hundred years but the appearance of two?

This was completely wild, the people did not expect that there would be two people who would break the deadlock and obtain a gold affinity.

Now the scene in the clan meeting section was now tenser but the Decan clan head was more relaxed now. When he saw the talent of the Weaver clan head's son, he was suddenly tense but the talent of his son had reassured him. As the Decan clan would not have to worry about having its power questioned.

"Next Aurora Wellbloom!" the man called out.