Chapter 27. Refusing the test

Hearing his name called, Leo walked up to the crystal and stopped right in front of it.

He had imparted Aurora her talent and that talent was at level 5 and was still upgradable. And it was a ten-ringed gold affinity. This meant that his result would be a lot greater than gold. What was above gold? Was there even anything above gold? Leo's mind was filled with countless questions and eventually, he started worrying.

If people found out that I have talent that is above gold? Wouldn't that put the family in danger? Didn't the officiator say that this machine could measure up to gold? He didn't mention anything above gold so what if I break the machine? This won't end up well. I must find a way to not take this test.

As the crowd was there watching impatiently, Leo suddenly stopped his hands that were reaching out for the crystal. He looked towards the officiator and calmly said, "I would like to not participate in this test, please call the next name up. Thank you."

As he said this Leo walked off back into the crowd and rejoined Aurora.

Silence flooded the arena, even the clan head area was silent to the point where only the light breathing of everyone could be heard. This year's ceremony had brought a lot of shocks. The crowd got to see the appearance of three extremely rare gold affinities. They got to witness the rarest ten-ringed gold affinity as well. And to top of this already mind-puzzling event, they got to witness a noble simply reject a test. It would be normal if the person refusing the test was a commoner but this was a noble. Or at least that's what they thought Leo was.

The scene in the clan head area was now unreadable. Each clan head was in utter confusion as they could not believe why Leo had rejected the test. The Decan clan head had said that they were both taken by the grand elder so they had expected Leo to be nothing but extravagant. Especially since Aurora's result had completely ruined their plans to possibly gain more power in Sapphire City.

They all looked towards the Decan clan head and saw that his expression was of confusion and were all more lost.

"Next! Aka Decan!" the officiator's voice sounded out again as the test continued but the crowd was still yet to recover from all the shock. The rest of the other children who went up got average talents and did not bring up any more surprises for the people who were watching. Thomas had gone up and received a talent of nine-ringed blue affinity which was a good talent for someone of his background.

It took about one and a half hours for the remaining participants to finish, "thank you everyone for coming to this ceremony. The test has now ended. Now we can move on to the banquet and feasting field area," said the officiator.

Immediately everyone started moving around and began to leave the arena.

Aurora and Leo went out and walked off to the grand elder's area. Since the test was done, they had no intention of meeting people and eating with them.

Aurora's cooking had improved massively and Leo had now grown to love it so he preferred to eat at home instead of eating at the banquet. As they arrived, they were greeted by Andy who had the sleeping little Lex in his arms.

Seeing them arrive, he warmly greeted them, "you guys finished with the test?"

Aurora and Leo both nodded in unison and Leo took Lex from Andy's arms. Andy placed Lex in Leo's arms and told them that he had to head off now to meet his friends and left.

Aurora went to change and then prepare lunch for the two of them. Leo went to put Lex into his crib and then joined Aurora with the cooking.

"Leo, did you also think that I shouldn't have taken the test?" Aurora suddenly asked while chopping the vegetables. Ever since they left the village Aurora had been following all of Leo's orders. And as they continued to survive, she had grown to have complete trust in him and when she saw that Leo had rejected the test, she suddenly got worried and felt slightly disturbed.

"So that's what was bothering you all this time. Well, no. I'm happy that you did. I'm glad that the little Aurora of the Meno village outshone everyone," replied Leo as he softly chuckled, "I'm sure every villager would be proud of you that you have talent that could outshine even nobles in a city," he continued in a slightly more comforting tone.

"You were useful. Thanks to you I was able to compare the talent between us and them," Leo continued, "You might just have to be a little more lowkey. You are getting prettier and stronger, now along with your talent if you go outside, you could easily get into trouble."

Receiving Leo's compliment, Aurora blushed a little bit but quickly recovered. Her heart was now calm again, Leo had completely reassured her again.

That day turned normal again with Leo and Aurora practicing cultivation again while Lex was comfortable sitting and watching or sleeping not far from them.

While the scene at the banquet was full of shouts of joy and happiness, Andy had met his friends and they started roaming the banquet area. As they walked along, they overheard some clansmen talking.

"Did you hear about the girl who got a legendary ten-ringed gold affinity?"

"Yes, I heard about it. My son told me about it. Apparently she was wearing a veil on top to cover her face. She must be extremely beautiful to have such talent. Did any of you catch which clan she came from?"

"I don't know. I heard that she was registered under the Decan clans name but she had a different surname."

Hearing the mention of the Decan clan, Andy's friend, Drake gave him a cheeky glance as he looked towards Andy and commented, "looks like the Decan clan will grow stronger. Its a shame that the war is going on otherwise everyone would be busy trying to get this girl to join their sect."

"Haha. It is indeed very rare to find someone at ten-ringed gold. She must be a very good talent, " spoke another person behind Andy.

"Haha, it is indeed rare, Elliot. I also did not even see this coming, " spoke Andy in a very happy but friendly manner.

When he heard the mention of gold ranked talent, he immediately stopped wondering and was no longer concerned as he believed that it couldn't possibly be Aurora. She had come from a peasant background. That was even lower in status in comparison to a commoner.

They eventually stopped in front of a noodles stand and began to eat.

While they were eating, they happily started talking. Andy had told them about Leo, Lex and Aurora.

"What!? Little Ava was alive this whole time?" Exclaimed Elliot in disbelief. He immediately reminisced over Ava, back then he was still in his youth. He could remember the sweet little girl who would often call him uncle and would often pull on his beard. When he heard about the action of her sect. He immediately flipped as he almost accidentally released his aura.

"Haha! I knew she was alive. It's a shame that she died tho. She was an extreme talent. I really liked her. It seems that she left you with two sons, " spoke Drake in a quite disappointed tone.

"Anyways, I want to ask you boys to help me take revenge on the Wavern Sect. Their leader's strength is easy to deal with but the grand elders are a big problem for me. So I wanted to ask you guys for this favor, " said Andy in a very angry tone.

"If this means that you owe us a favor then I'm in. I quite liked that little girl as well, " Said the other two in unison.

"So it's decided. Haha, let's have a toast for it then. Cheers! " Exclaimed Andy with an extremely big smile on his face.