Chapter 41. Leo and squad leader

"Heh?..." Rema was suddenly lost in complete confusion. What Aurora had just said could not be comprehended by her. She even started seeing Lexus' brother in a new light. He must be a wise sage around fifty at least was what she was thinking.

"Oh yeah! I wanted to ask what is your cultivation realm?" Aurora asked curiously.

"I am at refinement realm stage 1. Our leader is at half pure energy realm," Rema replied with pride.

"Woa... I have never seen someone that strong before, this is amazing. I can't believe that I will get to meet someone that powerful" Aurora started cheering happily.

"It would be great if Leo was here to meet them," Aurora added.

"Meet who?" a voice sounded from beside them as a godly handsome man walked out from the bushes.

"Leo!" Aurora called out happily but then she panicked as she realized that Lex's injured body was nearby.

"Don't worry. I knew about it from when it happened. I know about what is happening to him so don't worry. Although, it would be nice to have someone explain it to me," Leo explained.

"Phew. I was so worried. I'll explain the story," and Aurora began to explain the whole story of how Lex had ended up in that situation.

"I see," Leo replied and he gave a very heavy sigh.

"You must be Rema, I'm Leon Areia but I prefer to be called Leo, thank you for helping Aurie and Lex," Leo spoke out welcomingly.

"It's fine. I was just protecting the princess," Rema replied as she tried to act confident. Leo's aura and appearance had given her very dangerous expert vibes.

"How did your seclusion go?" Aurora curiously asked.

"Oh yeah... Well I have broken to refinement realm successfully."

"What!?" Rema shouted in amazement.

"You are only a fifteen year old. How can this be possible? I am only twenty-three years of age and I am only at refinement stage 1. How is it possible for a fifteen year old with no background to beat me?!"

"It's not that surprising, there's so much in this world that you cannot fathom. Judging from your personality and attitude. You must be a noble but you have a caring personality otherwise you would not be talking to us right now," Leo explained.

"Amazing... You are clearly not normal. Wait a minute! What is your talent?" Rema suddenly asked both of them.

Leo didn't reply this time and shook his head towards Aurora.

Receiving Leo's reaction, Aurora sniggered and then spoke, "Rema, Leo hasn't measured his talent yet. But I have tho. Mine and Lex's are ten-ringed gold."

"This is amazing, how can a village girl have such talent... Wait, Leo hasn't measured yet?" Rema asked, confused.

"Well long story short... Um, he refused to get it tested."

"I've never heard of someone rejecting a talent measurement test," Rema commented, intrigued.

"Anyways, so when is your leader going to arrive?" Leo suddenly spoke, changing the subject.

"They should be-"

"We're here," a voice of a female sounded and a small group of soldiers dressed in black leapt out of the bushes.

"Leader!" Rema immediately bowed and saluted in respect.

"Rise up, explain the situation," the leader spoke. She was a lady who seemed to be in her mid- thirties and she wore a black armour with a gold outfit underneath giving off the air of a haughty noble.

Immediately without hesitation, Rema began to explain the situation to the leader.

"I see, hmm. No time to lose. Now that the princess has achieved her transformation, we must take her back immediately. And along with that, we will also need to take the boy," the leader spoke as she pointed towards the two kids.

The soldiers behind her immediately moved to retrieve the two but were stopped from reaching Lex by Leo and Aurora.

"Squad leader! I would like to know what is happening to my little brother," Leo spoke out.

"Nonsense. Why do I have to explain it to you?" the leader spoke out coldly.

"Fine then tell me what you are going to do with him," Leo responded as he did not want to start a fight.

"Very well. I shall tell you. Since he interrupted with her highness' bloodline awakening, he now has the royal family's bloodline in him. Thus I have to take him back," the leader explained.

Leo paused for a few seconds before continuing, "I see. So that was it. Well, if you are going to take him then tell me, how is he going to be treated?"

"You are an interesting lad," the leader commented, "your brother's treatment depends on his talent and skill. Is he talented?"

"Talent? I see, then there is no problem. I would tell you about his talent but you wouldn't believe me so it's better for me to not speak," Leo spoke in a more relaxed tone.

"I see. You don't seem to be affected that much. Don't you know that I am basically taking your brother away from you?" the leader asked calmly with a hint of confusion.

Leo gave a small laugh, "haha, it's better for him this way. Our difference in strength is too massive, I only hope that you guys will really treat properly in the future. If he were to stay with me then I cannot guarantee his safety better than if he was in a castle."

"You are indeed not simple. I am impressed," the leader spoke.

"Thank you for your compliment," Leo replied with a slight smile.

"Now that we have that out of the way. What happens now?" Aurora asked blankly.

"We are going to that sect. I have a bone to pick with them now. I am sick of nobles hurting lower class people without any regret," Leo spoke nonchalantly.

He then turned to the group of soldiers and asked, "Wanna watch? I'm sure that you guys have no reason to attack or defend the sect."

"Sure. I want to see if there's more to you than I think," the leader agreed.

"Haha. Don't worry. It won't be me attacking. It will be Aurie who will attack. A sect which only has refinement realm stage 1s are not worth me making a personal move yet," Leo simply added.

"Hehe, we shall find out if you are all talk or not," the leader added with a haughty laugh.

"Aurie, dual art time! Let's see how strong your phoenix is now, but our main target is that royal descendent," Leo looked at Aurora and spoke.

Aurora suddenly gave a smile of excitement and could barely hide her happiness.

"Leader, why did you not just kill them?" a soldier couldn't help but secretly ask.

"You're not wrong, it would be better if we killed them. But this boy is not simple. He is hiding his cultivation and able to think so clearly. Along with that, my sixth sense or whatever it's called is telling me not to provoke this man," the leader replied.