Chapter 40. Mysterious lady

"Princess!"

A silhouette of a woman appeared on the horizon as she dashed towards Leila and she immediately appeared in front of the mud dome.

The woman was dressed in a black skin-tight outfit which gave off a dark majestic aura. Her face could only be described as extremely pretty. Her silky smooth black hair flowed with the wind as she dashed and her beautiful black eyes seemed fixed inside the dome as she radiated a holy dark energy.

'That aura is exactly the same as Leila's when I checked up on her. They must be related,' Aurora thought.

"Open up this dome," the lady spoke out coldly as she looked at Aurora.

Aurora replied, "Wait a moment. Lady, I need to keep them safe at the moment. These people here are not going to let them off. I'll open the dome once it's safe. My little brother is stuck in there too."

Hearing this, the lady's face turned sour and she froze for a few seconds. She then turned towards the sect leader and the elders who were standing behind him.

"Hey! I don't care who is the leader here! I am going to take this girl and the two kids inside the dome. You better not stop me!" the lady coldly shouted as she released her energy.

"Y-you are a refinement energy cultivator!" an elder exclaimed in horror.

"I see! This is where you got your courage from. Being a refinement energy realm at such an age, you indeed deserve to be arrogant but don't think we can let you off!" the sect leader spoke out.

And immediately all of the elders and the sect leader charged forward and began to exchange moves.

The strength of Aurora and the mysterious lady was not to be understated. The lady moved silently and everytime she attacked she managed to force her attackers back while continuously dodging each attack that was sent towards her. And alongside her was Aurora who continuously used jutsus while using her acute spider stalk while maintaining her mud dome and soon they had exchanged about a hundred moves.

"Sect leader, we should stop now! We can't keep going. They are able to fight all of us at once. We should just let them go," a panicked elder quickly informed the sect leader.

"I agree. Sect leader, they are not our only enemies. If other sects hear about this quickly then we are going to be in trouble. We must save up our energy," another elder added.

Hearing this, the sect leader's face was extremely complicated and turned ugly. In the end he dropped his head in defeat and shouted, "Halt!"

Immediately all the action on the battlefield stopped.

"You guys may leave!" He spoke out with difficulty.

Immediately without wasting anytime, Aurora and the lady took Lex and Leila and left the sect.

... ...

Rustle... Rustle...

In the green forest near the riverbank, a hustle of bushes brushed against the wind and a large rustle rang out from behind it scaring all wildlife nearby.

The rustling got louder and four silhouettes dashed out and stopped on the sandy riverbank.

"Ok. We should be clear now," Aurora spoke out in relief as she laid the injured Lex in her arms down and looked around, making sure that there were no pursuers following them.

The lady next to her followed and laid the curled up Leila down on the yellow sand.

Aurora took off her mask and took a few deep breaths and then looked towards the lady.

"Thanks for getting us out of that situation. It wasn't looking good for us," Aurora said with a slight bow.

"No-no. It should be me that should be thanking you. If it weren't for you then the princess would have been very injured," the lady spoke out as she gave a full bow and she had a surprise written all over her face when she saw how young and beautiful Aurora was. Everything about her was perfect, she could be described as a goddess.

"Princess? Leila is a princess?" Aurora asked in confusion.

"Oh... uhh... I can't really speak about it, or else I will be in trouble," the lady immediately panicked when she heard Aurora ask.

"I see... It's fine if you don't want to tell me," Aurora spoke in a very understanding tone, she began introducing themselves "I'm Aurora Wellbloom and this boy is Lexus Areia."

"Miss Aurora and Mister Lexus, I see. I am Rema Leaos, private guard of the royal demon family. I thank both of you for keeping Princess safe," Rema replied.

"Can you tell me about that white light that fell on Leila and Lex? I can't heal them with my medical skills. They seem to be sleeping. Lex's aura is growing stronger and more dark while Leila looks like she's metamorphosing," Aurora asked in slight worry.

"Don't worry. They are not harmed in any way... At least that is what I think," Rema replied reassuringly.

"You think? What do you mean?" Aurora asked again, this time with more worry.

"Umm... I can't explain... I was only told about what the light would do to the princess, not others."

"Wha! What?! Then what do you suppose we do? I can't take him home like this. I am going to be interrogated..." Aurora's face now became full of worry as an angry Leo appeared in her mind.

"Calm down madam. I have sent a signal to my leader. She should arrive in a few minutes. I think she will know about Lexus' situation," Rema explained.

"Phew! You better hope that they do," Aurora sighed in relief wiping the sweat on her forehead.

"Why are you so scared? Does Mister Lexus have a special identity?"

Aurora broke out in a small laugh, "Haha, yes. He is indeed very special. He is the brother of my man. If anything bad were to happen to Lex then that man will annihilate the sect by himself. He is just a peak emission realm but he could even do it from here if he wanted to."

This time Rema broke out in laughter as she found it hard to believe Aurora's description of the man, "Hahahaha... I find that hard to believe. I am at origin realm and even I can't do that. I'd very much like to meet him."

Both had begun having fun conversing. Aurora was sitting down on the river bank and stretched out and laid fully flat on the ground. Seeing Rema standing stiff next to Leila, she signalled Rema to join her and relax while basking in the relaxing sun and breathing in the fresh natural aroma.

Rema paused for a few seconds and then approached next to Aurora and sat down next to her. She couldn't help her curiosity and started asking questions about Aurora and Lexus' identity, "So where are you guys from? You guys must have a strong backing to be so strong at such a young age."

"Oh... We are all from a village called Meno in this kingdom close to the Ruby kingdom's border, it got destroyed when the ruby soldiers started their attack towards the Lapis kingdom," Aurora replied nonchalantly.

"What!?! You guys are from a village!?" Rema suddenly sat up and looked at Aurora in complete confusion.

"Yes... Is there something wrong with that?" Aurora replied with even more confusion. What was Rema on about?

"Then you must have a master at least right?" Rema quickly asked.

"Nope," Aurora smiled.

"Whaaaaa!!!" Rema completely mind boggled. For many reasons, Aurora was not a normal girl. Her talent was completely heaven shaking. She looked only fifteen and yet she had cultivation of middle emission realm. Even the royal families of the kingdoms would pale in comparison to Aurora's talent.

"Hmm. Well if I were to answer then I guess Lex's brother could be said to be my master," Aurora spoke with her hand on holding her chin as if she was deep in thought.