Chapter 38. Lex's fight II

Immediately seeing the cloud disappear, the crowd anxiously looked at the arena and were filled with shock.

Lex was standing straight, he did not seem to be hurt at all. He had moved back about five steps back.

And on the other end, Drexler was in an extremely miserable state. His face that was initially swollen from the punch before had now become filled with cuts as blood oozed from the numerous amounts of straight cut on his face. And his body was in an even more sorry state, there were numerous amounts of clean serrated straight cuts on his robe which had gone through and entered very deep into his body. His inner organs had suffered from numerous cuts but it was just enough to keep him living and not dead.

"Umm... I didn't mean for this to happen," Lex suddenly spoke as he looked at Drexler, "Sorry."

Suddenly a barrage of energy appeared and crashed next to Lex, causing him to distance himself from Drexler.

A middle aged man wearing golden robes appeared standing next to Drexler.

And upon seeing this man, every sect disciple immediately bowed and paid their respects.

"Greetings to the sect leader!" they chanted in unison with clasped hands.

The man nodded at everyone around him and then shifted his attention to Lex.

"Boy! What is your intention in coming here?" he cautiously asked.

"You are the sect leader? Ok, phew. We found you finally. I am here to fight your sect's disciples, especially that boy next to you. He tried to kill someone just because they are a commoner," Lex spoke out simply as he pointed at Drexler.

"Young boy, there is no longer anyone for you to fight. Please leave this sect immediately," the sect leader spoke out coldly.

"What do you mean? Look around, there's so many people here and they don't seem injured. Why don't they fight me?" Lex suggested.

"You!"

Just before the sect leader could reply, a shadow of a middle aged woman dashed into the arena straight at Laura who was now able to sit up. She arrived before Laura and checked up on her and walked to Lex.

"Thank you for saving my disciple's life," the woman spoke out warmly and gave Lex a bow of respect and thanks.

She then turned to the sect leader and shouted, "You corrupted idiot! What Drexler did to my disciple was against the rules but you still let it happen! But when this boy beats Drexler, you immediately stop the fight. Explain yourself!?"

"You! Sheila! You are an elder of this sect! How dare you side with an enemy!" the sect leader replied with no sign of explaining himself.

"Wait," Lex's unmatured voice spoke out.

"Sect leader, I have one question for you. Do you think commoners' lives are at the disposal of nobles?" Lex asked.

Immediately, the sect leader was put in a difficult expression. The Golden Wrath sect was mostly made up of commoners. If he answered yes then the whole sect would turn on him.

"Yes. Commoners are puny worthless people who are born to serve and obey us nobles," Drexler suddenly spoke out.

"I see... Well then I am going to have to kill you then," Lex replied nonchalantly. He then turned to the sect leader and warned, "if you are going to still shield him then I will know how you are going to answer the question."

"Ei, Drexler was it?" Lex said as he mocked Drexler while slowly walking closer to him, "Before I kill you, I would like to know something. What did you do to the village girl's parents?"

Drexler suddenly shuddered in fear as he screamed at the sect leader, "You! Protect me! My family will give you anything you want. You will be heavily rewarded. We will get you a low tier origin sword!"

As Lex was approaching Drexler, the sect leader walked forward almost instantly after hearing Drexler's proposition and stood in Lex's way, stopping him.

"Boy, I am impressed with your strength. But you don't have the ability to make me worry. I will run this sect however I want to," the sect leader spoke coldly as he suddenly swung a hook at Lex.

"Oh no you don't," the female elder's voice sounded and she also appeared before the sect leader and sent a punch back in the sect leader's direction.

But the difference in strength between a middle emission realm and a low emission realm was too massive and so, the woman was sent a few meters back from recoil.

Knowing that the situation wasn't good, she immediately looked back at Lex and told him, "Little boy, take my disciple and run from here. We are no match for him. He is a stage above me."

However, to her utter despair, Lex simply stood there for a few seconds lifelessly before suddenly replying "No. There's no need."

"Huh?" the woman was shot with confusion as she could not understand Lex. Is this boy alright? Can he not see the situation in front of him? There was no way that he could fight against someone who was two realms above him so why did he disagree so blatantly.

Lex did not even bother to answer the elder and slowly panned his face towards the sect leader and coldly spoke, "Now I know your answer. I am disappointed. You are filled with greed to a dangerous extent. Looks like this sect cannot continue existing."

"Haha! Who are you to decide the fate of my sect? You and your puny cultivation of gathering realm cannot harm me. Killing you is as easy as squashing an ant," the sect leader ridiculed Lex.

"Oh, nice reply. It's very poetic... I know one as well. Here let me tell you. 'But do you know the problem with ants?'" Lex spoke with an evil grin of confidence and mocking.

The sect leader's senses suddenly shot up in alarm as his body instantly felt something dangerous approaching him.

"Ants never attack solo!"