Chapter 8. Birth of Little Lexus II

"Whoa, is that Leo? My goodness, how can he run that fast? He couldn't have possibly started cultivation yet right?"

"I don't think that he started cultivation yet, he is still a bit too young."

"His father is one of the strongest in the village and also known as the fastest. Like father, like son."

Due to being unable to hold back his exhilarating excitement, Leo had completely forgotten to pay attention to his surrounding as he sped past a small fruit stand, nearly bumping into it.

"Leo! Be careful! These fruits are the village farmers' hard work!" the lady who was taking care of the fruits angrily shouted.

"Sorry, Aunt Sera! I need to get home quickly, I'll come to apologize later!" Leo shouted as he ran.

In the Areia bedroom, a beautiful middle-aged woman weakly laid there wrapped in a warm white blanket and in her slender tender arms lay a tiny newborn infant. And kneeling next to her was a handsome middle-aged man with red hair who was all smiles as he lovingly stared at the baby in the lady's arms.

Pop!

At the entrance, a small handsome head poked through and looked expectantly into the bedroom. His eyes were immediately caught by the baby that was in Ava's arms. Blinded with excitement, Leo slowly walked into the room and stopped right in front of his mother as he looked at the adorable sleeping baby in his mother's arms.

"He's so beautiful... Hello, there little brother. I am your big brother and I'm here to protect you. Mom, are you ok?" said Leo as he turned towards his mother in a worried expression.

Heart-warmed by her son's caring personality, Ava gave Leo a calming smile at her son whose eyes were fixed on her and replied "I'm ok, Leo. I'm just a little tired but seeing you, your dad, and your new little brother has made me happy. I'll get better quickly."

"Haha. I now have two sons. This calls for a celebration." Reon suddenly called out as he happily smiled.

"Dad, shush... You are going to scare him," Leo angrily hushed Reon.

*twitch* *twitch*

A pair of closed eyelids on the little baby's face started moving, revealing two adorable, clear, magical yellow eyes.

"My my! What a beautiful pair of eyes! They are just like yours Leo, I think we will call this little one Lexus," stated Reon with an extremely joyful expression as he gave Leo an evil menacing look and began tussling with Leo's hair.

"Little Lexus Areia," murmured Leon as he paid no mind to what Reon was doing "what a great name."

And just like that the little brother of Leon, little Lexus Areia was born onto this world. Although Leo was almost a massive five years older than Lexus, that would not stop Leo from caring and loving each other.

That specific day, there was a huge dinner feast held in the village that night to celebrate the birth of Lexus and the day of their start of the harvesting season at the village elder's home. Due to village requirements, the Areia family were also forced to go and as they arrived, there were a large number of villagers who wanted to spend some time with Ava and Reon so the task of cumbersome babysitting had been given to Leo but he did not care. This just meant that he and little Lex would be having more brother bonding time.

At the Wellbloom house in the evening, Leo was taking a walk silently while happily carrying his little brother who was sleepily sitting on a cloth that was tied to Leo's back so that it would form a little pouch for Lex to lie in comfortably. The little one lay warm and snug in his arms fast asleep, once again upon sight of his little brother, Leo was unwillingly reminded of his little brother Milo on Earth and how he was bullied at the scene on the crystal blue frozen lake. He determinedly looked towards his little brother and said to him, "Don't worry Lexus, this time I'll make sure you will live a life of happiness. I will not let you get bullied."

"Leo..." a female child's sudden voice sounded behind Leo. He turned around and saw that it was the voice of the village head's daughter, Aurora. She had beautiful blonde hair that mysteriously had purple-tipped ends that perfectly complimented beautiful pure purple eyes and was around the same age as Leo, just slightly younger by a mont. He turned around and greeted her "Hey, Aurie. What's wrong? Shouldn't you be playing with the Dene and the others?"

"Can I not come for no reason?" replied Aurora in an annoyed tone as instantly got reject, seeing that Leo really did not have any plan on replying, she hopelessly explained, "Well, I was playing with them but I realized that you were not there so I came to check on you. You are always alone..."

"Oh, I see. Thanks for your concern, since mom and dad are busy treating the guests, I have been given the task of taking care of my brother."

"Can I see him? Please!? " said Aurora as her eyes excitedly shone with expectation.

Leo slowly turned his body towards Aurora so that she could see the sleeping Lexus. He introduced, "This is little Lexus, you can call him Lex"

"Lexus... What a beautiful name. He is so adorable!" said Aurora as she seemed lost in admiration of the cuteness of the little baby.

"Well, now you know why I can't play with you guys, you should head back, I'm sure the others are waiting for you," Leo spoke as he slowly began to walk off in the opposite direction of the Wellbloom house.

"It's boring though, they always play the same game and Reginald always wins because he is the oldest. Can I join you instead?" asked Aurora as she complained in an annoyed expression.

"Huh? Why would you want to join me? Isn't it more boring with me? Won't the others worry? All I'm going to do is walk to somewhere quiet, this place is too noisy," asked Leo in confusion.

Hearing Leo's reply, Aurora smiled as she realized that she had a chance. She immediately replied "well that won't be a problem, I've already told them that I've gone to look for you."

"Fine then, you can tag along and if it gets boring then you are free to leave," Leo couldn't do anything but hopelessly agree.

"Yay," Aurora happily cheered as she ran to catch up with Leo.

The pair quietly walked around the little village taking the quietest routes to not disturb little Lexus while happily engaging in a quiet conversation. Eventually, they ended up on a clear green grassy field and both sat down and their eyes looked up as they took in the mesmerizing picture of the sun slowly setting and the starry night sky slowly taking over the beautiful vibrant sky.

"Aurie?" asked Leo, "What do you want to become when you're older? Is there anyplace that you want to visit?"

"Huh? Hmm... I'll have to think... Well... When I'm older, I want to become a doctor so that I can take care of everyone in the village. I don't have anywhere in particular in the world that I'd like to visit anywhere but I would prefer to roam the kingdom but I'm very happy here," Aurora replied after a good dozen seconds of thinking.

"I see. Interesting..." Leo blandly replied.

"What about you? What do you want to be when you're older?" asked Aurora as she curiously asked Leo.

"I don't want to be anything," replied Leo boringly.

"Huh? What? Why?" Aurora quickly questioned in shock as Leo's answer was completely unexpected.

"Well, I don't have a real reason to live. I guess I want to protect my family and my friends but that's all."

"Wow... You are really caring but that a bit boring," commented Aurora quite amazedly.

"Haha! The feast should nearly be over now, let's go back or else your parents may worry about you," Leo spoke as he slowly got up and reached out to lift Aurora up.

"Ok," said Aurora quite disappointedly, she had somehow managed to enjoy talking with Leo. She accepted Leo's hand and got up and suddenly asked with a little red tint appearing on her face "Leo, can we talk like this tomorrow evening?"

"Heh?"

Leo was taken aback by the question as he had not expected this. He had only spent a short amount of time with Aurora. But since he did not have much stuff to do and his parents kept nagging him to make more friends, he couldn't help but agree.

"Fine... Ok, let's go"

"Yay!"

"Shush! You're going to wake Lex up,"