Chapter Thirty-Eight: Consequences

Start from the beginning

"It was just a hug for rescusing my daughter," Mrs.Weasley crossed her arms, not used to people not wanting her motherly hugs.

"Without our permission," Melody glared at her.

"And the last time anyone did something to us without permission, we took him to court when he removed the bones in my arm," Harry said.

Olivia put her hands on her cousin's shoulders.

"Now, tell us what happened, you two," she requested.

"I think we'd all like to know that," said Professor McGonagall weakly.

Harry, who hesitated for a moment, then walked over to Madam Pomfrey's desk and put what remained of Riddle's diary onto it. Then he started telling them everything. For nearly a quarter of an hour, he spoke into the rapt silence. He told them about hearing the disembodied voice, how Krinos had finally realized that he was hearing a basilisk in the pipes. How he, Krinos, and Melody had followed the spiders into the forest and that Aragog had told them where the last victim of the basilisk had died. Melody added in what Moaning Myrtle  told them about the hissing in her bathroom. It also put together, right as they were explaining had been the victim, and that the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets might be in her bathroom.

"Very well," Professor McGonagall prompted him as he paused, "so you found out where the entrance was, breaking a hundred school rules into pieces along the way, I might add, but how on earth did you all get out of there alive, Potter?"

The two tapped their amulets. To Mr. and Mrs.Weasley, it was saying that the amulets helped them. But to Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Pomfrey, it was saying their mystic soul powers helped them defeat the monster.

"OW," the two suddenly yelled.

Olivia had slapped them both on the back of their heads.

"That was for putting your lives in danger," she said, then slapped the back of their heads again. "That was for not telling a teacher. But this is for saving the school and who knows how many other students."

She gives them both giant hugs. The siblings knows they got off lightly when it came to punishing them for putting their lives in danger. But as mystic souls constantly hunted by the Underworld and its demons, they were used to it.

"You two have done a great service to the school," Dumbledore smiles at the two.

"No offense, headmaster, but why are you here," Melody asked. "Didn't Malfoy senior bribe and threaten the other governors to fire you?"

"No offense taken, Miss.Gardna," Dumbledore says. "It seemed that when Miss.Weasley was taken, the governors decided I was needed at the school. Mr.Malfoy was not very happy about that."

"We can definitely understand why," Melody rolled her eyes.

"If you ever need him vanquished, we have plenty of potions that can do that," Harry smirked.

"So, you said that a memory had been possessing Miss.Weasley," Dumbledore turned the conversation back to what had happened.

"That's what Riddle called himself. A memory," Melody said. "We used a vanquishing spell on that diary and he vanished when we did."

"Ginny had been writing in it all year," Harry says. "Riddle said that the more heart and soul she poured out to him, the more of a hold he had on her."

"And she had no idea what was going on," McGonagall came to her own conclusion.

"Not exactly," Melody said.

Harry sighed as he looked over to the elder Weasleys. 

"I will admit, we didn't catch it at first," he says. "But we were fighting for our lives, so give us a break. After everything had settled, Melody and I noticed it. The diary. According to Tom, who I will admit isn't exactly the most trustworthy of sources but chronologically makes sense, Ginny had thrown the diary away because she had grown to suspect what it was doing to her. That was in February. Tom mocked the things she wrote about how she had woken covered in rooster feathers only to find out Hagrid's roosters had been killed. How she had woken with red paint on her hands and found the message about the return of the heir had been done in red paint. How she kept blacking out before each of these things happened."