"Well, her work requires most of her time," I said, drinking my mango juice. "She's going to Paris this weekend." Mom is now the executive secretary of a wine business giant, and this means going to France with her boss, making sure that everything is in place. I really don't understand what her work is, but I know that she will always be far from home.

"Woah, thats awesome!" Elise said, she dreamed of going to Paris someday.

"How about you? Who will you stay with?"

I gave them a smile, "Remember my godmother Annaly Gomez? She's back in the country."

"No way! That filthy rich godmother of yours?" Sue said.

"Yep. She and Mom agreed that I will be staying with her for the meantime," I stared at my food dreamily as I let my mind envision a whole month with my Auntie Annaly. She is an incredible cook, she had worked as the head chef in the British Queens palace. She and my mom had been best friends since middle school, and they only lost touch with each other when Aunt Annaly went to London after college.

"That's cool," Elise smiled, "Bring her cooking some time, okay?"

"Sure," I nodded as I take my fourth slice of pizza.

We were deep into conversation when my phone rang. It's Eunice Chua, my secretary in the music club.

I immediately answered, "Hello, Eunice? I'm still at school."

"Can you come here in the music room? Some juniors said they're terminating their membership."

"What?" Another set of termination? We can't afford to lose more members!

"Yes. They insist on taking their membership papers," Eunice really sounds worried. "Can you talk to them please? If our number goes down to 15..."

"Alright, alright. I'm coming." I stood and got my things. "Guys, I need to go to pur club room. We have a problem."

"What happened?" Elise asked, her fries half-way to her mouth.

"Some members want to quit," I said with a sigh as I gather my things. "You can go home after me if you've finished."

"Okay. Take care," Sue hugged me. Elise gave me her one-arm hug as usual and they watched me walk away.

This is really getting off-hand. What if we lose our members? The warning of termination had been given to us, but if we continue to lose members, then in just one month, the club would close.

If only I can do something else. If only JK Alison have joined, then our club could have a better chance.

****Elise's POV

I stared into space, thinking about what I have done to Rosie. Sue sat beside me and stroked my back with her hand.

"It's okay, Rose said it's not your fault."

I sighed. "But I should have checked properly."

Sue did not speak.

Yesterday, I have encouraged Rose to seek for JK Alison's membership in the music club. I have seen how distressed she was when the student council had given her the notice of club shut down last week because their members were quitting. I thought that if she can convince him, then she will be able to save the club from being taken down. If JK will join, then others would be prompted to join too, given the fact that he is one of the most popular student in school. Rose asked me a favor this morning to get the letter from her locker, and in all unluckiness, I have picked the wrong one.

"Why did she have that love letter in her locker anyway?" Sue asked out of nowhere.

"You knew she had written that when we were just first year. Ugh," I shivered, "I can't imagine how cringey that letter might be!"

I know Rose since elementary. She is the type of person who is very, very honest with her words. She really says what she feels, what's in her mind, to the point that sometimes you will cringe because of her sweetness. No wonder JK reacted like that. Poor Rosie. Still, JK should have treated her better. It's not like Rosie had bad-mouthed him or what.

"Do you think we can help Rose?" Sue said after. "Like we will talk to JK ourselves and say it is just a misunderstanding. That she really wanted to invite him in the club."

I nodded, that is a good idea. "Okay! I want to make it up to Rosie. Besides, she really needs help with the club."

"Let's go," Sue stood up. Then she frowned. "Wait. Do you know where we can get him?"

I thought for a while. JK Alison is the type who doesn't mingle with people. I often see him with just one or two persons--the student council president and...

"I have an idea," I said, taking out my phone, "I'll call Jim."

Sue fake-coughed, "Jim? As in Jim Carl Inocencio?"

I grimaced, "Name me other persons I know with that name." I scrolled my phone and found the contact information of the dance club's president. He is one of the two friends of JK Alison that I have mentioned. He is really good at dancing, but I personally do not like his attitude---and his blonde hair---so I do not really talk to him in our club except when needed. This is one of those ''needed'' moments.

"You have his number huh?" Sue said with her brows moving up and down in an intriguing manner.

"No, don't start, Sue. Don't give me that look." I said while listening for Jim's phone ringing. After a few seconds, he answered. I spoke before he could start, "Hello. It's Elise."

"Yeah, I have your number registered." He answered.

Sue, who has her left ear pressed into my phone, widened her eyes. I nudged her to stop teasing me.

"I see," I replied. "Well, this is not club-related. I just want to ask you if you know where--JK Alison is?"

He cleared his throat, "Well. As this is not club-related, am I supposed to tell you?"

Sue mouthed the words 'What the heck'

I took a deep breath, Elise, calm yourself. Calm down. You are a righteous person, yes you are...

"Hello? Elise, are you still there?" I heard a faint tone of enjoyment in his voice. He's enjoying pissing me off, the nerve of that guy!

"Yes. So, are you going to tell me or not? Because I'm wasting my breath here."

Sue gave me two thumbs up, and I raised my eyebrows triumphantly.

"No, I am not going to tell you. Bye."

And the boytch hung up.

"Geez, if I really do not love the dance club, I'd quit because of that Ji--argh!" I slumped down on my seat.

Sue shook her head, "Guess we have to look around for him ourselves." She offered her hand and I accepted it.