Everyone knows bubbles don't last forever though and as soon as it pops the waves will drag me down with them but as of right now I rather have a quiet mind. I deserve some kind of peace even if it won't last forever. 

Peace is still peace. 

Rita walked over and set the plate of fries down then handed us our drinks. I just exchanged smiles with her while Caleb said thank you. 

"So are you and Harry like a thing now? Normally girls go home after one night and I don't see them ever again but apparently he liked you enough because not only did you get me from school but he also let you drive his car. He won't even let me drive his car." Caleb mumbled as he stuffed his mouth with fries.

"What? No we're not a thing. We're not even friends I just need to talk to him about some stuff and he doesn't let you drive because it's illegal."

"Stuff?" Caleb repeated me with his brows furrowed as he took a sip from his shake. 

"Yeah stuff. Now eat your fries." I slid the plate closer towards Caleb and started pulling at my skin below my fingernail. 

It's an anxiety thing. Some people claim it's a type of self harm I personally just think it's bad habit. 

I stared outside looking through the window next to me. So many people walking home from school. Smiling, laughing, talking with friends. It's refreshing to see others happy but also hurts when you realize you're only seeing it not feeling it yourself. 

I'm so confused and have so many questions but when I finally have the chance to ask it's like I shut down. I just listen and go instead of wait and ask and process. It's draining and its exhausting but I don't know what else to do. It's not like I can ask anyone for advice. 

Some people may call me crazy for sticking around with Harry but it's not like my life has much of a purpose anyways. If I go home i'll get abused. If I stay with Harry I could get killed but at this point I rather be dead then beaten by the one man I love most. 

I'm not suicidal. I've never been but if I was standing in the middle of the street and a car came speeding what would be the point of moving? Everything's suppose to happen for a reason right?

"Ariana are you good?" Caleb whispered.

I looked to Caleb and saw an empty plate of fries and his mouth on the straw of my shake. When I looked to him his face fell flat and he actually looked like he felt bad for me. I surprisingly didn't want that though. I want him to be the same old annoying Caleb.

"Ariana are you ok-Harry!" Caleb jumped out of the booth and walked up to Harry. I turned around to see the two of them interact. Caleb looked excited but tried to play it off so he didn't ruin his cool bad boy reputation. 

Harry walked to the counter with Caleb to speak with Rita. I focused my attention back to the cars passing by beside me. Memories of my mother started filling my head.

My mom and I always picked a color when we sat down. She always picked blue and I always picked red. Then as we ate we'd watch the cars drive by and count how many red and blue cars there were. After we finished we tallied them up and the winner got the cookie that came with the meal. 

I didn't always win but she always gave me the cookie.

"Looks like it's gonna rain." I heard Harry speak behind me as he came walking towards the booth. 

I mumbled a 'mhm' and kept my attention on the passing cars. 

Three red
Five Blue

As Harry sat down the smell of his cologne filled my nose. It was still somehow comforting knowing he was here even after everything happened.