THE HEX

KIARA AND JULIUS

We belong... Utter trust... Utter discretion... Utter loyalty.
We were bound by a code... More of a code in crime.
Murder wasn't anything to us if it meant protecting our little family. Nate was going to mess this us for us. We had raised the boy with much expectations, supported him through juvee and even taken him back after his murderous act.

Now we had to fix our mistakes before everything came out in the open.
The meeting was a serious one. Being here in the black Hex robes wasn't our favorite kind of thing.

But what choice did we have?

CLARIS AND TORY

We also belong... Utter trust... Utter discretion... Utter loyalty.
We were bound by a code... More of a code in crime.

Jason was the only thing we had left after Amber was murdered by the Beauchamps son... We literally had no other choice but to go all in. To save our last remaining child. Our only son. It was either that or he would have died.

Not the wisest of choices to join the cult... neither was it a good choice to join hands with the parents of our baby's murderer...The Beauchamps were powerful...so it was better if we remained on their side.

And now, many years down the line... We had let our guard down...like what a drunk teenager does when high or drunk...we had failed to find the box.

The meeting had been called hastily. To clear anything we had left hanging around. To cover our tracks which were slowly being revealed. We couldn't afford a loss. There was no turning back.

CHUM AND LILITHIA

We too belong... Utter trust... Utter discretion... Utter loyalty.

Ours was a different story. What if you lost everything and was offered a chance to reclaim it all back and more? The cost of it you ask? Someone's life...

We didn't see it as much of a bad idea those many years ago. I mean, who would have thought our lies would soon turn into chaos?

The meeting had been necessary...to avert any future mistakes... To keep our secret safe. To find that box and end our misery.

THE BIG MEETING....

KIARA'S POV

Eyeing every member present for the meeting, I could see fear and anxiety on all their faces. My husband , Julius, and I were the alpha of the organization...or cult if you prefer it that way.

Nate was proving to be a nuisance. Though he was my son, I wouldn't allow him to go back to what he was, lest discover the truth about what his father and I had done to him while in juvee. He would never forgive us. I wasn't ready for my own son to turn against me.

I believe everyone knows why we're here... In case anyone forgot... The box is our priority....

They all nodded in agreement as I went ahead to look at the file in front of me. We had to look for any loopholes from those many years ago... The two murders had taken a lot of planning... You know, considering we had to keep it on the low.